• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Staff entertainment"

Collapse

• VillageContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    But it does have to be an annual event. So you could have Christmas outing and summer BBQ. But a night at the flicks for a new release isn't going to cut it.
    An annual night at the flicks it is then

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Eh, just realised this thread is a year old...
    At the Gin again?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Eh, just realised this thread is a year old...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by ramesh View Post
    I claimed only 300GBP.
    Did you spend exactly £300 (with a receipt)? If you spent more, then the whole thing becomes a BIK.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    As long as you have a receipt saying £300. Plus it doesn't have to be all in one session. £150 is the amount per year with no BIK.

What I do find strange is that the OP is considering making his wife an employee for only two months and this is the first question he asks.

But it does have to be an annual event. So you could have Christmas outing and summer BBQ. But a night at the flicks for a new release isn't going to cut it.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ramesh View Post
    I claimed only 300GBP.
    How did you do that without asking the forum?

Leave a comment:

• ramesh
    replied
    Thanks guys

I claimed only 300GBP.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied
    As long as you have a receipt saying £300. Plus it doesn't have to be all in one session. £150 is the amount per year with no BIK.

What I do find strange is that the OP is considering making his wife an employee for only two months and this is the first question he asks.
    That's the way sockies roll......

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    But you could spend £300 through the company, pay the rest in cash personally and then get away with claiming it....
    I'm sure you could get away with anything if you covered your tracks. If that's how you wanted to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    So, is his wife a lapdancer? We need to know.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

As long as the company paid £300, then you're OK.

As I understand the rules, if you paid it personally and are claiming it back, then it's a no-go.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    But you could spend £300 through the company, pay the rest in cash personally and then get away with claiming it....

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    As your wife is already your partner (I presume), then you've already spent the £150 per head.

P.S. It's your Ltd that claims it for her as your partner or an employee. She doesn't claim it as an employee.

And, as Graeme says, it can't be over £300. You say 'about £300'. If your Ltd has spent £301, then you can't claim any of that.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I claimed about 300GBP(for me & my wife) under staff entertainment in December.
    Did you spend that or just claim it? i.e. did it actually cost more?

Leave a comment:

• JRCT
    replied
    Originally posted by Forbes Young View Post
    There is no taxable benefit where the company spends up to £150 (including vat) on each company worker for the annual Christmas Party. The dispensation also extends to one guest each (partner) for whom the company can also expend up to £150.
    As your wife is already your partner (I presume), then you've already spent the £150 per head.

P.S. It's your Ltd that claims it for her as your partner or an employee. She doesn't claim it as an employee.

And, as Graeme says, it can't be over £300. You say 'about £300'. If your Ltd has spent £301, then you can't claim any of that.
    Last edited by JRCT; 10 February 2015, 14:59.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X