• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "HMRC IR35 contract review service"

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I am struggling to believe this is the case and it most certainly can't be the norm... I'd put this down as a one off rather than an indication of the real situation until I get more feedback,
    Four months may not be typical, but the problems with this service have been flagged before now.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I am struggling to believe this is the case and it most certainly can't be the norm... I'd put this down as a one off rather than an indication of the real situation until I get more feedback,

Leave a comment:

• NibblyPig
    replied
    HMRC is trolling something fierce if it takes 4 months and still doesn't give a response on a contract review

Leave a comment:

• n123
    replied
    More clarification on how 4 months

Just to make things clear, the total duration I count was from the first email i sent to the last response i received. Between these, there have been multiple communication exchanges, even direct phone calls with the person, for missing documents / contact of agency personnel, etc. I must say, the hmrc contact was very professional and helpful to make me understand each of the items that they needed clearly. I think it could also have been my agency delaying responses, which I do not have a way to know for sure.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by NickNick View Post
    Which client co would wait 4 months on a contract review?
    Hmmm, HMRC at Telford perhaps!?

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Which client co would wait 4 months on a contract review?

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Interesting feedback, thanks for this.
    Agreed. The problem has been flagged in the IR35 Forum, but it's always interesting to hear about real cases. Clearly, not fit for purpose. Four months?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by n123 View Post
    As a newbie, didn't know how to get my contract reviewed and get 'peace of mind' - so, i sent it to hmrc. The process has been very very slow (after about 4 months of to-and-fro, and them requiring contract between my agency and client, to which I had to say 'no more' - as it seemed never ending process) - the situation is i still do not know if my contract falls within or outside IR35.
    Interesting feedback, thanks for this.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by n123 View Post
    As a newbie, didn't know how to get my contract reviewed and get 'peace of mind' - so, i sent it to hmrc. The process has been very very slow (after about 4 months of to-and-fro, and them requiring contract between my agency and client, to which I had to say 'no more' - as it seemed never ending process) - the situation is i still do not know if my contract falls within or outside IR35.
    Even though we talk about QDOS and B&C reviews on nearly a daily basis, it's all over the newbie guides and a 15 second Google Search would have given your answer?? Have to do better than that.

Leave a comment:

• n123
    replied
    User of 'contract review service'

Leave a comment:

• DGA
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Read my earlier post about the value of IPSE membership. If you're a member, ask them to get involved: they recently managed to persuade a whole department to change its policy on this very issue.

What will probably happen is in about three weeks you will get a letter from HMRC saying they cannot make a decision so you're no further forward...

I am a member of the IPSE, I spoke to them already, I'll speak to them again.

This will be fine, as at least I have done what the client wanted...

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by DGA View Post
    Client has told me the only thing they will expect is HMRC review... So I starting the process and will see what happens.....
    Read my earlier post about the value of IPSE membership. If you're a member, ask them to get involved: they recently managed to persuade a whole department to change its policy on this very issue.

What will probably happen is in about three weeks you will get a letter from HMRC saying they cannot make a decision so you're no further forward...

Leave a comment:

• DGA
    replied
    Client has told me the only thing they will expect is HMRC review... So I starting the process and will see what happens.....

Leave a comment:

• ZebraSnake
    replied
    Contact Qdos for help

Originally posted by DGA View Post
    I am contracting for a public sector client (via my own LTD) and was requested last year to prove my IR35 status. I obtained a review for Qdos and was deemed outside IR35. Now the client has informed me they no longer accept 3rd party reviews and I have to obtain a HMRC review. So basically they are forcing my to use HMRC´s service...

If I do not provide them with the HMRC review within 20 days(!), the client has stated they will terminate my contract..

If the HMRC review states I am inside, I need to provide evidence to the client I have made the deemed payments.

I have contacted the PCG for advise, but has anybody actually used the HMRC service?

In terms of the contract, it is IR35 friendly and my working practices are own equipment, project work, no fixed hours, work from home, no client control.

Any advise would be very welcome..

Qdos should be able to help you, I would advise you to contact them because they initially did the review and they might even be able to talk some sense into your client.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

I know it will never happen but it's high time everone and his dog told HMG to take their contracts and shove em! 10 years later, all the consultancies would be rich beyond their dreams and not a thing would have been delivered.

With all their incessant attacks on contractors and their offshoring, nearshoring, consultancies, civil service SMEs who walk around with entire databases on data sticks they lose down the side of a train seat, they still cannot get individual systems to even work let alone share data. Annually, they still get 5m accounts wrong. Where would they be? The country would be in deep tulip.

Come the revolution, eh?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X