• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Votes being taken

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Votes being taken

'No repeat of Wembley' for 2012

Olympic chiefs have promised there will be "no repeat of Wembley" as they announce their preferred bidder to ensure the 2012 Games venues are built.
    It will be a credit to the Polish builders
    21.74%
    It will make Wembley look good
    4.35%
    Costs will double
    4.35%
    Costs will Triple
    47.83%
    It will not be ready until 2015
    21.74%
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Government intervention = guaranteed f uck-up.
    When,when,when will they ever learn?
    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

You missed the option "Costs will go off the scale and it will never be completed"
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

The Tories may be in by then (mind you isn't Seb Coe running it now?), so obviously it will be a fantastic success.
        I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

They'll have it ready in time but only by paying 3 times the original estimate.

It's a contractors dream. Govt. sponseored mission critical project with little to no advance costing and a deadline that absolutely cannot be missed. Licence to print money for all involved.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I predict that it will be completed and on time. However I don't expect it to be anywhere close to the price quoted and possibly not fully to spec (less than)

Something that big and with the international aspect, I don't think anybody could not let it happen on time, and in true govt tradition they will simply throw our money at it, probably via a big consultancy company to 'project manage' the whole fiasco.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

But we can expect that, six weeks before the start of The Games, the electricians will go on strike.

Comment

Hey, who's complaining it is going to be a licence to print money. And I am not going to refuse to board the gravy train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X