• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swallows

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swallows

Got back from London to find that a pair of swallows has set up home under the gable end of the house. First time we've had them nesting in the ten years we've been here. Noisy buggers though, I suspect it's the female telling the male how to go about building the nest and him telling her to bugger off and let him get on with it.

That's my normal experience of DIY anyway.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

We've got at least two pairs around the house. One pair nested inside our shed last year. They made a right bloody mess, so we wanted to keep them out this year. Keep the door shut, that should do it. No, a small gap at the top of the door, about 3cm and still manage to get in! Shed door now left open!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Beer
    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X