• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annoyed by the Olympics thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to R4 last night there were rather angry questions asked in Parliament yesterday.

Apparently the company awarded the contract for security (G4s) needs 18,000 personnel and to date they only have about half of them.

That's 9,000 folks to find and train up with less than 3 weeks to go.

List of job ads for Olympics Security Officers

This is for one in Dover: Olympic Security Staff job ad

Salary: £6.08 Per Hour
    Job ref: DOV/32267
    Job Type: Temporary
    Hours:day
    Closing date: 16 Jul, 2012

Description:

Must be age 18+. This vacancy is due to start on 18/07/2012 and end on 18/07/2012. Be part of history. We are seeking 30 SIA licensed security officers for the Olympic Torch procession in Dover on the 18th July. This is a one-off and one-time opportunity for you to be able to not only support your country in the most anticipated event in decades but also to earn out of being part of it. For this role.
    Yep one day only. Remind me, what's the minimum wage?

It's amazing what you find when you go looking for stuff isn't it?

Olympics’ Security Guards Trained to Hinder Photographers
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      That Nazi torch relay is a tedious load of old bollocks.
      whs
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        whs
        So Mich - are you looking forward to the women's olympics beach volleyball?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          So Mich - are you looking forward to the women's olympics beach volleyball?
          No, I'm looking forward to the Dutch womens volleyball teams coming back home seeing as most of them live near my house, so I get to see them on the beach and in the pub.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            No, I'm looking forward to the Dutch womens volleyball teams coming back home seeing as most of them live near my house, so I get to see them on the beach and in the pub.
            Do they train in their competition outfit?

Actually - do they go to the pub in their competition outfit?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Do they train in their competition outfit?

Actually - do they go to the pub in their competition outfit?
              Yes, No.

I've spent the last 10 years hoping they'd invite me to one of their foam parties. I'll just have to keep on hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                And when they get onboard they pick the first empty seat and start fiddling around while the rest of commuters are trying to move down the carriage.
                A sharp kick in the ankles and a curt smile gets that sorted no probs

Comment

Working...
                X