• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annoyed by the Olympics thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoyed by the Olympics thread

Feel free to post your annoyances here.

South West Trains have banned all full size bikes from their trains during the Olympics (I cycle).

My commuter train to the South Coast has been overflowing with Olympic officials for the past two days, none of whom understand how a quiet carriage works.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    My commuter train to the South Coast has been overflowing with Olympic officials for the past two days, none of whom understand how a quiet carriage works.
    I feel for you It really pisses me off when you get plebes in the quiet carriage. (especially first class) However I am normally the angry bloke that suggests that they STFU or move seats

I left my office an hour early a few weeks back to get caught in the chaos caused by the torch relay as it passed through bath.

Comment

They're only allowing teams to select one rider for the track cycling individual sprint, which means that either Chris Hoy (Olympic champion) or Jason Kenny (world champion) will be left out and the crowds won't see the olympic champion agains thte world champion, AND, whoever wins will be told for the rest of his life 'ah, but Hoy/Kenny wasn't there'.

Oh sorry, was this thread not meant for sporty types?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Oh sorry, was this thread not meant for sporty types?
        No, now we'll have to start a second thread "Annoyed by the Olympics Sports Thread"

I'm sure I'll have plenty of annoyances in a couple of weeks, when the M11 is closed.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

WMTTS - some of the decisions are stupid like the none selection of Aaron Cook (Taekwondo)

Comment

Since they messed up the ticket sales I have had enough. There should have been one site globally - I was not aware of other sites. It should have been limited to 1 ticket per person. All I wanted was to take the kids to 1 event.

When the torch comes to SE9 none of the torch carriers are from SE9!

I am going to find a zil lane protest and join the bike blockade.

I am intend to take the kids up to see the missiles they are putting up near me in Oxleas wood - then tell them we are terrorists. Give the f**kers some grief.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              WMTTS - some of the decisions are stupid like the none selection of Aaron Cook (Taekwondo)
              So it was a choice between Cook and Taekwondo in which sport?

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                Feel free to post your annoyances here.

South West Trains have banned all full size bikes from their trains during the Olympics (I cycle).

And when they get onboard they pick the first empty seat and start fiddling around while the rest of commuters are trying to move down the carriage.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

That Nazi torch relay is a tedious load of old bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Since they messed up the ticket sales I have had enough. There should have been one site globally - I was not aware of other sites. It should have been limited to 1 ticket per person. All I wanted was to take the kids to 1 event.
                    You haven't been trying hard enough, I've got loads of tickets. About 10% of what we asked for in the ballot, then at subsequent sales I've picked up a few more.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X