• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I’m being headpunted

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m being headpunted

Yep, last time I played rugby I got a big cut on my head from some fat twunt’s boot. I don’t know but I think this headpunting thing’s overrated.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Yep, last time I played rugby I got a big cut on my head from some fat twunt’s boot. I don’t know but I think this headpunting thing’s overrated.
    Giving is far better than receiving in that case

Comment

When I still played I once ended up with a broken nose and mild concussion after trying to block a punt and getting hit in the face with the ball.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        When I still played I once ended up with a broken nose and mild concussion after trying to block a punt and getting hit in the face with the ball.
        I can't understand why this thread was moved.

Comment

I can't understand why this thread was moved.
          I know, it's a perfectly reasonable sports related thread.

Apparently the results of my attempted block were rather spectacular. I jumped up to block the ball as the guy kicked it, he cocked up the kick and it went low and caught me in the face. I went over backwards in mid air and landed like a sack of potatoes, whacking my head into the turf on the way.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            I know, it's a perfectly reasonable sports related thread.

Apparently the results of my attempted block were rather spectacular. I jumped up to block the ball as the guy kicked it, he cocked up the kick and it went low and caught me in the face. I went over backwards in mid air and landed like a sack of potatoes, whacking my head into the turf on the way.
            Ah yes, the infamous double dummy nutter move! Best is when you get a rebound off your face, one of your mates jumps on the ball for a try, and then everyone congratulates you while you're still trying to figure out wtf happened. It's happened to me more than once.

Comment

Working...
            X