• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The effects of anaesthetic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The effects of anaesthetic

On Thursday I had a general anaesthetic. The surgeon said some people complain of constipation afterwards.

I've just been to the loo for the first time since Wednesday evening.

Ooh, the pain! It was like passing a branch. And it couldn't even be snipped off part way through; I just had to persevere.

When I got to the end, gravity took over and it was like, like, err, nothing I want to experience again. It was like pulling your welly out of deep mud.

And when I stood up, I thought I had indeed passed a branch. But it was staring at me with a look of adoration and fondness; I expected it to call out "Daddy!"

Its root may have disappeared beyond the bend but it stood tall and proud and ready to face the world with an alarming degree of upright confidence.

I almost wept again when it wouldn't flush. I didn't dare use the brush in case it leapt up and attacked me. So I just kept flushing until eventually, it relented and accepted its fate on Earth was to be shorter in lifespan than it was in girth.

The feeling of relief I now have almost makes the pain - emotional as well as physical - worthwhile.

Of particular note was that the paper came away clean.

I am now very glad I had that bottle of real ale last night. Who knows how much longer I may have gone on putting on weight.

The surgeon warned me of none of this.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

You are describing my daily trip to trap 1...without the anesthetic. Very eloquently put BTW.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

you realise the health an safety implications of what you have done ?????
      Always, ALWAYS, contact the coast guard first.
      What were you thinking

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
      X