• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is it with next Tuesday?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it with next Tuesday?

I had an e-mail overnight asking me to do something, but they need it by next Tuesday at the latest and this morning I’ve arranged to go and see two different people next Tuesday as it the only day they can manage. All of them are totally unrelated to each other.

Apart from being the day after the beginning of the month, is there something special that I’m forgetting?

Is this the start of the genuine economic recovery?

Could that day be one of those 'fixed moments in time' that the Doctor rabbits on about?
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Tuesday has always been a tulip day for me. At prep school, Tuesday was always caning day. Later it was always detention day. At poly, work always had to be handed in on Tuesday evenings. Nowadays my favourite restaurant’s always closed on Tuesdays.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I have always thought that "see you next tuesday" was a polite way of being impolite........

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        I had an e-mail overnight asking me to do something, but they need it by next Tuesday at the latest and this morning I’ve arranged to go and see two different people next Tuesday as it the only day they can manage. All of them are totally unrelated to each other.

Apart from being the day after the beginning of the month, is there something special that I’m forgetting?

Is this the start of the genuine economic recovery?

Could that day be one of those 'fixed moments in time' that the Doctor rabbits on about?
        When people say C U Next Tuesday, they usually don't mean it literally.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          When people say C U Next Tuesday, they usually don't mean it literally.
          do try to keep up

Comment

Ah! I get it now

That the problem with us Aspergers sufferers - we don't understand when people tell us things like that.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Ah! I get it now

That the problem with us Aspergers sufferers - we don't understand when people tell us things like that.
              That Was a Thursday

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Ah! I get it now

i wonder what HAB is like when he starts showing his Paranoid Schizophrenic tendencies
                .....my day will come

Comment

THis is the Great God Sod in action. The only diety whose existence is self evident.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X