• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brillopad - your reply

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://forums.contractoruk.com/1053684-post2088.html

Still accusing me of shopping him and has now decided not to post here any more. Very sad that he did not have the backbone to apologise and admit he was wrong.

I have the PM I sent Brillo and the other users and it does suggest that they contact the police to prevent them gaining a court order to get details. It suggests that if they call the officer then the chances are that a phone call would suffice. If they did not make contact then the chances were that we would have to hand over email and IP information and as a lot of posting was likely to have been from a place of work then they would have had a visit at client co.

I also have a couple of replies from Brillo at the time to thank me for how it was handled. Brillo has posted that he wishes me to publish the PMs but I don't see what that will achieve so unless any of you want proof then I will not publish them, if you do want proof PM me and I will be happy to forward details to you.

I struggle to think how I could have handled this any differently, in a that would have protected the end users from unwelcome police attention and also protected the forum. If we had refused the detective's requests I am certain a court order would have been granted. If we refused still then our server hosts would have been approached, the server taken offline and the "evidence" would have been removed.

As Brillo said though, do be careful what you post on here - or any forum, message board or web server anywhere for that matter. Especially if you comments comprise threats to maim, kill or harm a member of HMRC.

I think this shows that Brillo had other petty issues with the forum and was trying to push his own agenda with the BN66 private forum to somehow punish CUK.

Thanks for backing up what I was saying Nick, much appreciated. Thanks also Cojak, this is just a forum ffs!

As Brillo is not able to apologise then I am happy to reciprocate his leaving with a ban. I have not banned him for raising this subject or disagreeing with me but for the inability to apologise and retract his statement that CUK are happy to "shop" end users.

I am very sad about the whole situation.

If anyone thinks I have acted out of line in any way or has any constructive feedback for me or the rest of the CUK team regarding this then let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/1053684-post2088.html

Still accusing me of shopping him and has now decided not to post here any more. Very sad that he did not have the backbone to apologise and admit he was wrong.

I have the PM I sent Brillo and the other users and it does suggest that they contact the police to prevent them gaining a court order to get details. It suggests that if they call the officer then the chances are that a phone call would suffice. If they did not make contact then the chances were that we would have to hand over email and IP information and as a lot of posting was likely to have been from a place of work then they would have had a visit at client co.

I also have a couple of replies from Brillo at the time to thank me for how it was handled. Brillo has posted that he wishes me to publish the PMs but I don't see what that will achieve so unless any of you want proof then I will not publish them, if you do want proof PM me and I will be happy to forward details to you.

I struggle to think how I could have handled this any differently, in a that would have protected the end users from unwelcome police attention and also protected the forum. If we had refused the detective's requests I am certain a court order would have been granted. If we refused still then our server hosts would have been approached, the server taken offline and the "evidence" would have been removed.

As Brillo said though, do be careful what you post on here - or any forum, message board or web server anywhere for that matter. Especially if you comments comprise threats to maim, kill or harm a member of HMRC.

I think this shows that Brillo had other petty issues with the forum and was trying to push his own agenda with the BN66 private forum to somehow punish CUK.

Thanks for backing up what I was saying Nick, much appreciated. Thanks also Cojak, this is just a forum ffs!

As Brillo is not able to apologise then I am happy to reciprocate his leaving with a ban. I have not banned him for raising this subject or disagreeing with me but for the inability to apologise and retract his statement that CUK are happy to "shop" end users.

I am very sad about the whole situation.

If anyone thinks I have acted out of line in any way or has any constructive feedback for me or the rest of the CUK team regarding this then let us know.
      I've read all of this thread and the relevant links to other posts and, IMHO opinion, the actions taken by the mods do come across as being very fair.

Obviously, this is only one side of the story and as we know, there are always two.

I would request, however, that the mods do publish the PM's and associated replies by Brillo so that it is on record on this thread and also as a lot of the regular posters on here know Brillo. Their publication will provide a fuller picture of events thus allowing posters to make their own informed judgement.

Edit: Mods, if you are genuinely interested in canvasing feedback regarding these events and your handling of them, surely this thread should be in General where it will receive wider exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        I would request, however, that the mods do publish the PM's and associated replies by Brillo so that it is on record on this thread and also as a lot of the regular posters on here know Brillo. Their publication will provide a fuller picture of events thus allowing posters to make their own informed judgement.
        I don't think it would be appropriate for admin to publish Scourer's PM replies without his permission - these are, after all, sent under the understanding of them being private messages, separate from the public nature of the forum. Obviously admin could publish their own PM(s) but this might be of little value unless the whole discussion could be seen.

I am saddened by this whole mess. I shall post more later, or maybe tomorrow, when I've had time to brood.

I hope it may be possible to bring admin and Scourer to some kind of reconciliation, but that's the ageing hippy in me. One can hope for the best

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Their publication will provide a fuller picture of events thus allowing posters to make their own informed judgement.
          Well my current impressions is as follows:

1) Threats serious enough to get senior police involved are made against hmrc on a public forum

2) Admin does best to resolve as quickly and amicably as possible with the least publicity and disruption to those involved lives and family

3) Admin gets accused of "shopping" people

4) Admin proves that's not the case

5) Post count (WTF!) and TPD are then mentioned as another cause for aggravation with admin

6) Admin makes an effort to bring things to a close with a reconciliatory type post.

7) Brillo again accuses cuk of shopping him

8) Admin has rightly had enough and bans

Administrator, can't see how you would have done much different.

Comment

Gawd. Maybe I should really stop advocating the stabbing of Gordon Brown.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Gah! I just looked on here and found I had posted a comment calling for the stabbing of Brownstuff! I can't help myself! Admin, please remove any posts by me calling for stabbing of Brownstuff.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 24 January 2010, 13:22.
              bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Gawd. Maybe I should really stop advocating the stabbing of Gordon Brown.
                Yes. It's a horrid thing to do.

It would spoil the party when we hang, draw and quarter him.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

The thought of drawing Brownstuff is a bit off putting. Imagine doing it to Prescott. Blech!
                  bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    After they draw your entrails, they tie up the odd pipe so you don't die immediately, then hang you after they've burned your family jewels & entrails in front of you.
                    But, the hanging was done slowly, so you choke.

Essentially, they dragged out a torture for days and did bits in whatever order they fancied.

Still, the quartering bit was all right. Chopped into 4, boiled, and the bits taken round the country as an example to others.

If they did that on I'm A Celebrity, Get My Bits on a Cart, the Z-listers would be queueing up at the studio's dungeon door.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      You would be half hanged in the hanged/drawn/quartered version.

Hanged, then cut down whilst still alive, your entrails drawn, your codlings cut off & the lot burned in front of you.

Then you were quartered.

Lovely.
                      ... and they had generally been doing the works on you for a while first....
                      stretched on the (w)rack - so thay all/most of your major joints were dislocated...
                      a few burning irons prodded into delicate areas...
                      a few broken bones, crushed fingers, ankles and other appendages...
                      possibly half drowned etc etc....

then hang/draw and quarter.....

Is this really "Light Relief"??

Comment

Working...
                      X