• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road Rage!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about parking tickets ?

Comment

And ... breathe ...

Comment

Can we add not indicating on roundabouts as a sub set of indicating or worse still cutting across the inside lane for an exit on a roundabout from the outside lane without indicating.
        Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

I've chosen all of them and I'd like to add "scything across three lanes of the motorway to get to the exit cos you can't be bothered to plan ahead you stupid git".

Still breathing ....
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Not very PC, but

1. Women drivers
            2. Learner drivers
            3. 'Just passed their test' drivers
            4. Foreign drivers
            5. Lorry/white van drivers
            6. Taxi drivers
            and lastly
            7. Cyclists/motor cyclists
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              It probably is still in roadcraft... i'll check when i get back home
              The thing about indicating is that it should come after you have already checked your surroundings... i.e. Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre.
              If, after checking the who else is around you a signal isn't needed Either because
              there is no one to signal to
              or there would be absolutely no action needed on their part
              or the signal may be confusing
              or the signal would be wasted

Then don't signal
              I've heard about this "roadcraft" thing before. If it actually exists then it is complete gibberish. If "...there is no one to signal to, then don't signal"!! What kind of professional driving trainer would assume that a human being could possibly know with any certainty whether there is "no one to signal to"?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                I've gone for all of them. Hint: checkboxes instead of radio buttons mean you can select more than one
                Yes, I see. That has left the "poll" rather unenlightening though. In fact, at the time of posting this, my rogue vote for "not indicating" has put "not indicating" in the lead by one vote.

Comment

Another one to add to the list. This happens to me quite routinely in this town, and happened again today:

You are driving along and spot a parking space ahead on the left. You indicate and slow down, then stop just past the parking space and change into reverse ready for a bit of parallel parking. Meanwhile, the car behind you drives right up your arse! I usually just start reversing as if I haven't noticed them. One guy was beeping at me, so I carried on reversing as if I hadn't noticed him or heard him. He started backing up.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    I've heard about this "roadcraft" thing before. If it actually exists then it is complete gibberish. If "...there is no one to signal to, then don't signal"!! What kind of professional driving trainer would assume that a human being could possibly know with any certainty whether there is "no one to signal to"?
                    Eyes
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X