• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What have I let myself in for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have I let myself in for?

Ok, I know what I have let myself in for.

81 Miles at an average of 14 mph up and down the Scottish highlands.

Now I just have to get fit for it
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Best of luck with that DB
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Good work!

Comment

Is this by car or motorbike?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Is this by car or motorbike?
          It's by pushbike.

Talked into it by my younger and fitter brothers, one of whom has just competed in the UK national road racing time trials.

They got me because it's in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support who helped my Mum and Dad enormously during Dad's last months in the hospice.

I know I have 10 months to prepare for it, but quite frankly I'm terrified by the prospect atm

The furthest I've ever ridden on my road bike was 20 miles and I was knackered after that!
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's by pushbike.

Talked into it by my younger and fitter brothers, one of whom has just competed in the UK national road racing time trials.

They got me because it's in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support who helped my Mum and Dad enormously during Dad's last months in the hospice.

I know I have 10 months to prepare for it, but quite frankly I'm terrified by the prospect atm

The furthest I've ever ridden on my road bike was 20 miles and I was knackered after that!
            You can do that, easily. I got a new road (cyclocross) bike at the end of April - and after 3 months, I'd take on an 81 mile ride. 10 months is ample time. Start gradually, maybe 2 10-15 mile rides a week, then up it to 3 or 4 15-20 mile outings a week, and then see how far you can go (work out a route) on Saturdays. You'll get a feel for your pace - I can average about 20 mph over 15 miles, then I have to ease off.
            You'd be surprised how quickly the body adapts to exercise.

Comment

Working...
            X