• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    but I doubt that I, being merely some bloke off t'Internet, have anything useful to offer
    I'm more arrogant than that.

The dog thing, or any other excuse, is probably just evading the issue
    Yup. She's the generation before you and you're just the kids. She's hardly likely to tell you the truth and open up to you.

which buttons to push
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Mrs BP and her sister are very upset! And angry!
    Please try to ensure they use the honest "But we love you, we need you and we'll miss you, please go through with it for our sakes" emotional blackmail before using the selfish "Don't be so bloody stupid".

A friend's Mum got the "Don't be stupid" message from four of her five kids regarding getting remarried when in her 70s. They pissed her off so much so eventually said "It's my life and you four are disowned". She won't have anything to do with them. Silly buggers.

Mothers do like to play the martyr: if she knows she's got to go through with it for her kids' sakes, she most likely will. It's far easier to do something you don't want to for someone else's sake.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I remember being told that we (the kids) couldn't come to the funeral
      I don't like that practice. My wife & I both have relatives we are waiting to see.

A funeral is a very healthy way of drawing as line in your mind under a relationship.

A friend of ours didn't let their 6 year old go to her Granddad's funeral. She's now about 13 and is still quite cross about that. She keeps sticking to the line with them of "I would have behaved in church" but behind their backs says "I loved him just as much as they did".

Ouch.

I like to see small children at funerals. Especially when they are playing. It makes the day so much more bearable. Crying doesn't hurt so much when you're smiling too.

I'll now get off my personal soapbox and let you all get on with your own lives.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

The dog thing, or any other excuse, is probably just evading the issue
        Thats the thing : it probably really is the reason! Her mother can be odd at times!

Mrs BP's Dad is dead. Her step father is quite selfish : since his wife came out of hospital she has waited on him hand and foot!

We will see what happens on Th/Fr this week....

Comment

I nearly forgot : morning all

Comment

Morning everyone
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              I don't like that practice. My wife & I both have relatives we are waiting to see.

A funeral is a very healthy way of drawing as line in your mind under a relationship.

A friend of ours didn't let their 6 year old go to her Granddad's funeral. She's now about 13 and is still quite cross about that. She keeps sticking to the line with them of "I would have behaved in church" but behind their backs says "I loved him just as much as they did".

Ouch.

I like to see small children at funerals. Especially when they are playing. It makes the day so much more bearable. Crying doesn't hurt so much when you're smiling too.

I'll now get off my personal soapbox and let you all get on with your own lives.
              I'm with you on this issue RC - Funerals shouldn't all be about grieving, it should be a celebration of the persons life. Thats why I think we have the right idea at home.... you need a good wake to give a proper send off!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Morning everyone
                Morning CM

How are you?

Comment

Morning all
                  Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Morning all

Someone just woke me up...

Comment

So there we have it...

Apparently.

There was no TPD on the old forum.

Which must be why it was replaced.

Comment

Working...
                      X