• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
      VF, how did the party go?
      Very well thanks - the entertainer was brilliant, and the food seemed to go down well.

The only downside was that DS1 and a couple of friends were playing in what looked like a park to the side of the hall, but it turned out that it belonged to an adjacent school (which we now freely acknowledge, although it wasn't apparent at the time). A football coach who was taking a session on the school grounds was quite heavy handed in informing them of this, threatening that the police would come and "take them way" which obviously upset them, my son in particular. During the course of the afternoon there have been some heated phonecalls between myself and this coach to discuss his handling of the matter, which culminated in him turning up at our house - fortunately only to deliver some sweets to say sorry for spoiling the party (whilst still not admitting he had overreacted).

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Very well thanks - the entertainer was brilliant, and the food seemed to go down well.

The only downside was that DS1 and a couple of friends were playing in what looked like a park to the side of the hall, but it turned out that it belonged to an adjacent school (which we now freely acknowledge, although it wasn't apparent at the time). A football coach who was taking a session on the school grounds was quite heavy handed in informing them of this, threatening that the police would come and "take them way" which obviously upset them, my son in particular. During the course of the afternoon there have been some heated phonecalls between myself and this coach to discuss his handling of the matter, which culminated in him turning up at our house - fortunately only to deliver some sweets to say sorry for spoiling the party (whilst still not admitting he had overreacted).
        What a prat!

Edit - how old are your kids?
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Looks like Zara was all alone in here earlier, all the way to the century.
          That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Oh clocks go forward today, well tomorrow. Jump forward an hour at 01:00.

I think I'll do some clock shenanigans he he he
            That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

What a prat!
              Definately!

Comment

Had fish and chips for supper, yum.

Lady Diablo couldn't finish her chips off, so naturally I obliged
                That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Edit - how old are your kids?
                  DS1 is 10, DS2 is 7, DS3 is 5 and DD1 is 7 months.

DS1 was very upset by the whole thing - he was worried the police were going to come and arrest him

Comment

Lady Diablo couldn't finish her chips off, so naturally I obliged
                    A noble sacrifice!

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      DS1 is 10, DS2 is 7, DS3 is 5 and DD1 is 7 months.

DS1 was very upset by the whole thing - he was worried the police were going to come and arrest him
                      I'm not surprised, hope he's ok now.

I remember when I was circa 9/10 we used to have a kick about in a neighbours garden. Backing on to the garden was an old people's home. We use to practice our free kicks, and as you can imagine the ball more often than not went over the wall and into the nicely maintained lawn.

This happened a lot (it was the summer hols) so we used to jump over the fence to get the ball. No one ever said anything...

One day a couple of turned up - just a little chat, but we were like Tell you what though, it certainly helped us perfect our free kick technique as we never missed again!
                      That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Working...
                      X