• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You talking about drivel? Hmm? Y'all experts? Y'all know about drivel? I'd like to hear about it, potheads. Are you smoking this drivel so's to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this drivel. I am reality. There's the way it ought to be, and there's the way it is. Elias was full of drivel. Elias was a crusader. Now, I got no fight... with any man who does what he's told. But when he don't, the drivel breaks down. And when the drivel breaks down, we break down. And I ain't gonna allow that... in any of you. Not one. Y'all love drivel. Oh, you wanna kick ass. Yeah. Well, here I am, all by my lonesome. And there ain't nobody gonna know. Six of you boys against me. Drivel me. Huh. I drivel on all of you." - Platoon
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Bring out your drivel - Monty Python
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Jessep: You can't handle the drivel! Son, we live in a world that has drivels. And those drivels have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. VF? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the drivel. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
        We use words like drivel, honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

A Few Good Men
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the drivel. And, you will be launching the largest aerial drivel in the history of mankind. "Mankind," that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty drivels anymore. We will be united in our common drivel.

Perhaps, it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our drivel--not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live--to drivel. And, should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night. We will not vanish, without a fight. We're going to live on. We're going to survive. Today, we celebrate our Drivel Day!"
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
            You? You, Lt. VF?
            Bonus points
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Bonus points
              That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

"Keep your friends close, but your drivelers closer.

The Godfather: Part II
                That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

"Of all the drivel joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

Casablanca
                  That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

"Open the drivel bay doors, HAL."

2001: A Space Odyssey
                    That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by zara_backdog View Post
                      Open the drivel bay doors, Hal. - 2001
                      Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post