• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Hi Scourer

FFS...

Much banging and rattling of the door (which I now have a large piece of wood jammed against, to go with the locks and bolt). Approaching it after silencing the telly, I heard a male and a female voice.

Opening up, I found a detective and a female PC out there looking most surprised to see me (I'd spoken to them in the hall this afternoon).

"Oh, isn't this Flat 4?"

"No..."

"Oh, good job I didn't kick the door in then! Sorry to have bothered you!"

So now the coppers have taken it upon themselves to start scaring the crap out of me during Coronation Street...
    Watching soap operas now an offence?

on second thoughts.......

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That's just belt & braces - I wouldn't have bothered except it was leaning by the door anyway, having been there since I moved in over three years ago. I brought it from my old place (where a builder had left it) for some reason I can no longer remember, put it there for no good reason other than that I couldn't be bothered to carry it any further, and it's just been leaning there ever since. Turns out it's just the right size to wedge under the lock

Given that the unwanted visitors knew exactly where they were going and what they were doing, I'm more worried about the Police now

I've also written the flat number on the door with a whiteboard pen in the hope of avoiding further confusion
      As long as you've written it in Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu the Leicestershire Constabulary should be able to read it
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
        Evening

Kids are now full of sweets after a successful evening of scaring the neighbours.
        I dont let them eat any! They just collect as much as possible - save me a few quid.....

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
          As long as you've written it in Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu the Leicestershire Constabulary should be able to read it
          You forgot the flying squad. rhyming slang needed.....

Comment

BrilloPad 16,367
            zeitghost 14,077
            Diver 10,887
            cailin maith 10,409
            DS23 10,001
            BrowneIssue 8,564
            TheFaQQer 7,959
            NickFitz 7,483
            FiveTimes 6,178
            Bear 5,163
            Fortune Green 2,215
            DiscoStu 2,166
            Jog On 2,165
            El_Diablo 1,972
            voodooflux 1,772

129476 posts

So I now have 12.641% of the tpd posts.....

Comment

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/a134...om-bottom.html

Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Population
                1525 Revenues
                352750 € Unemployment 0 %
                Transport 100 %
                Crime rate 2 %
                Pollution 2 %

rank=286

6 visitors today.

I see NF is the subject of much discussion over in tpdville.....
                Last edited by BrilloPad; 31 October 2008, 21:54.

Comment

Do you have to login to see story?

From the link name looks like the story my gf mentioned earlier - vicar-has-potato-removed-from-bottom

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Do you have to login to see story?

From the link name looks like the story my gf mentioned earlier - vicar-has-potato-removed-from-bottom
                      Try the link again now - I messed it up the first time. Yep, it's the same story.
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X