• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BrilloPad 13,974
    zeitghost 12,953
    Diver 10,198
    DS23 10,000
    cailin maith 8,957
    BrowneIssue 8,524
    TheFaQQer 7,871
    NickFitz 6,626
    FiveTimes 5,634
    Bear 4,667

Comment

my son is going through a doctor who phase - got a doctor who magazine which came with a free inflatable toclafane

Comment

The Toclafane[11] are the last remnants of humanity from the year 100 trillion. Originally intending to travel to "Utopia" (from the episode of the same name), the last refuge of a dying universe, they find nothing but "the dark and the cold" of space. With nothing else left, they turned on themselves, cannibalising their own bodies to create a new cyborg race. As part of this process they regress into little more than children (for example, when one is asked why they would kill their own kind, it responds, "Because it's fun") with shared memories. The name Toclafane is given to them by the Master, who takes it from the Gallifreyan equivalent of the bogeyman.

The Toclafane's cyborg forms possess energy devices capable of killing and disintegrating targets. They are equipped with numerous retractable blades. The first four also exhibit apparent teleportation or cloaking abilities, not displayed by others of their race. All that remains of their bodies are barely recognisable human faces wired into basketball-sized mechanical spheres.

In "The Sound of Drums"/"Last of the Time Lords", the Master rescues four Toclafane from the end of the universe and beyond, using them to fake a first contact situation in order to draw the world's leaders into one place for easy capture. He then uses a "paradox machine" (in fact the Doctor's captured TARDIS, reconfigured) to allow the future of the human race to slaughter many in the present, in short bringing the six billion humans that were alive in the year 100 trillion to return (in the form of the Toclafane). The paradox machine creates a temporal paradox, allowing them to kill their ancestors without damaging themselves, and thus establish the Master's rule over Earth. After subduing Earth, the Master aims to establish a new Time Lord empire with himself as the leader and the Toclafane as his people and ground troops. This plan is foiled when the paradox machine is destroyed, causing time to rewind and trapping the Toclafane back at the end of the universe.

The Toclafane feature on the cover of the New Series Adventures novel, The Story of Martha, which chronicles Martha's adventures during The Year That Never Was.

Comment

A neighbour's cat comes in to steal food. The inflatable toclafane has proved invaluable as a missile to scare it off.

I would throw a book or something but the gf wont let me! Actually that was a joke - I hate cruelty to animals.

Comment

century drivel.....................................

Comment

I wonder how many tpd posts per day there are these days? I remember when we were at 1000 per day.

Comment

fluffety fluff

Comment

lurkers out!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    lurkers out!
                    BrilloPad
                    Godlike

century

Comment

Morning folks
                      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                      X