• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Evening all
      That boy go raaaaaaa
      Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Night Brillo, don't let the bed bugs bite!
        That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

How are you?
          Nearly pissed, time to stop posting

Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Nearly pissed, time to stop posting

Night night Clippy
            That boy go raaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              So he thought for a moment, and implemented the Newton-Raphson iterative algorithm, in Z80, off the top of his head

It wasn't fast enough (took about ten frames or something), so I spent an hour or two digging through old copies of Personal Computer World that evening, and found what I vaguely remembered reading some years before - a super-fast Z80 integer square root function.
              I was a very happy bunny when I twigged that instead of calculating the sine and cosine of angles, I could have a simple lookup array [0..90] and use that with integer degree angles.

It's good enough for plotting curves on a monitor. Or was, for whatever it was I was writing at the time in 1984. (Which ran on a terminal on a DMS HiNet network.)
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                I was a very happy bunny when I twigged that instead of calculating the sine and cosine of angles, I could have a simple lookup array [0..90] and use that with integer degree angles.

It's good enough for plotting curves on a monitor. Or was, for whatever it was I was writing at the time in 1984. (Which ran on a terminal on a DMS HiNet network.)
                OMG I thought I was old!!!!!

I was only 14 then...

Hi everyone
                Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
                "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
                Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Originally posted by kali View Post
                  OMG I thought I was old!!!!!

I was only 14 then...

Hi everyone
                  You are old... I was 5
                  The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                    You are old... I was 5
                    Who let the child in?

..and, cool I got a century without realising
                    Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
                    "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
                    Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                      Yes, with Xeno being orrible to me on another thread, I am learning to appreciate the oasis of calm that tpd is.
                      But do you have any tw@ points?

Grinny grin.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X