• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were asked to fill in a form of memberships, qualifications, etc. so training could be worked out.

I asked about contractors - they said "everyone, then we know what skills we have in-house in total".

A PowerPoint went out including a slide with a summary of the results.

I couldn't read it so I downloaded it and emailed myself at home yesterday.

I've just gone to have a look at it. Go to the slide, click on the tiny bar chart and ...

... you can open it in Excel and ...

... there's a bunch of tabs: "analysis", "training needs", "summary data", "graphs" and ...

... "raw data".

Everybody's answers in a table.

Oops.

I wonder how many laws would be broken if I were to publish everyone's answers on the intranet?

I think I'll just delete this and forget I ever saw it.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

In a meeting last week I managed to say:

"By undertaking this prioritisation exercise we've been forced to wake up and smell the coffee, line our ducks up in a row, then run them up the flagpole to see which ones get saluted, with a view to efficiency-centric optimisation moving forward. Then we'll just need to cascade the helicopter view out to the business, engage our stakeholders and then we'll be galloping on up to a brighter future."

I spent all lunchtime thinking that up and rehearsing it.

To my utter dismay,the reaction was sage-like nodding of heads.

Frightening.

Feel free to try it out for yourselves.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I found a Churchill photo.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Yeah baby!

Comment

Morning all

Been off since Thursday, (Fridays off anyway, and took a sickie yesterday) so anything good happened?

Apparently my new permie is supposed to be a babe, so I await her arrival to see if the chaps were having me on or not.
            Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              "By undertaking this prioritisation exercise we've been forced to wake up and smell the coffee, line our ducks up in a row, then run them up the flagpole to see which ones get saluted, with a view to efficiency-centric optimisation moving forward. Then we'll just need to cascade the helicopter view out to the business, engage our stakeholders and then we'll be galloping on up to a brighter future."
              That is legendary. Can I make a request for the inclusion of "Blue Sky Thinking" in your next one please.
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                That is legendary. Can I make a request for "Blue Sky Thinking" in your next one please.
                Only if you can leverage your synergy and get into bed with them.
                Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                  Only if you can leverage your synergy and get into bed with them.
                  I'd need a workshop (subject to bandwidth) so that I could hit the ground running, not spin my wheels and ensure that I was adding value.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

From the beeb news site yesterday:

50 office-speak phrases you love to hate

Comment

Working...
                      X