• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    What's a trypo?
    3 typos
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

I must admit the look on your face when confronted with vast swathes of people all trying to get down the stairs at the tube station still haunts me.

That was why I was so insistent Gonzo (and not SP, as I disn't trust him) to make sure you got back to the hotel OK.
      I know, I really hated that..... The shame
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I see a hand up at the back. You have a question?

Originally posted by Numpty
        Please mister. What is the 'nice fork us opt in'?
        The 'slice focussed' option, my little deaf friend, is where one places the crisps against the buttered slice as opposed to the cheese. This utilises the flat and adhesive surface provided by the buttered bread to allow construction of a level and consistent crisp layer.

The alternative - and equally acceptable - 'cheese focussed' option uses the typically larger surface area of the cheese to support the crisps. This gives a greater surface area on which to build the crisp layer but does not provide the same degree of 'enclampage', that is, 'restraint' and so can result in greater lossage of crisp particulates.

Since are constructing a butty specifically for dunking, we want to minimise crisplet lossage and so opt for the slice-focussed method.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          I know, I really hated that..... The shame
          You survived, though. Have a at the mere memory of it.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You survived, though. Have a at the mere memory of it.
            Thanks sweets....
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

What's a trypo?
              Every correction to a spelling mistake has, by natural law, a spelling error.

The effect of the law can be negated by incorporating a spelling mistake into the audit trail, ie, a 'trypo'.

Alternatively, it is a mildly amusing BrowneIssueism.
              Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Anyone else? Yes, you. No, YOU. No, no, yes, you! Your question?
                Originally posted by SpottyHerbert
                In "Timkins on Tiffin", 1933, Professor Timkins states the 2 layer spread as a continental perversion and an effrontery to the British way of life. What is your view?
                No, not you, the clever looking one next to you.
                Originally posted by IckleGirlie
                Can we put more cwithpth in? I like cwithpth.
                I am using two layers of crisps because that provides a superlative mouth-feel in the crunch department whilst minimising horizontal lossage. International research has proved pointless in this area relative to my own. Two layers are best. Provided you adhere to the English Bond style of laying, of course.

Here, little girl. Have the rest of the packet.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                  Two layers are best. Provided you adhere to the English Bond style of laying, of course.
                  Basildon, or James?
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

We now carefully place the cheesed slice onto the crisps.

You will notice my careful consideration in choosing where to place the crisps becomes apparent as we see the rubbery, sweaty Gouda has adhered to itself and the slice of bread ensuring it does not fall off despite being upside and ...

... voila!

One cheese and crisp butty!

Comment

Basildon, or James?
                      The English Basildon method, otherwise known as "Up-against-the-wall-when-full-of-cider" is perfectly valid, very traditional and fairly satisfying.

The English James - or New Version - is more easily adopted by the modern thinking individual. It is easily approached and understood, seemingly more classy although traditionalists debate this.

Comment

Working...
                      X