• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Not really. The sponsor wants to use their own internal resource.

As we have been reshaping the project to fit the sponsor's ideas it has moved further and further from being something that could possibly succeed. It is now at the point where I don't want to be involved with the debacle that they are going to end up with.
    It's not fun when you're stuck on a project headed for oblivion. Best to bail before it all gets out of hand...
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      I picked up an internet radio on my way home. I'm just setting it up now.
      Have you got a link to a site showing it / a similar one? I have heard people talk of such things but don't quite 'get it'.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I've found my favourite station. It's the primary reason I bought the radio. It's called Groove Salad and is usually very relaxed.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          Not really. The sponsor wants to use their own internal resource.

As we have been reshaping the project to fit the sponsor's ideas it has moved further and further from being something that could possibly succeed. It is now at the point where I don't want to be involved with the debacle that they are going to end up with.
          I could give you my professional project management response about how to prevent that, and how to fix it. Instead I'll give you my cynical one:

Huzzah! It's situations like that that get me work! I'm one of those contractors that lives of eating other people's tulip. As the permies screw up, I get called in to talk the blame, clear up the mess, then bugger off before I can claim any credit. For money.
          Last edited by BrowneIssue; 22 November 2007, 18:51. Reason: typo
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            Have you got a link to a site showing it / a similar one? I have heard people talk of such things but don't quite 'get it'.
            It's this one.

And all the stations it can get can be found here.
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I'm going to connect it up to my amp now. This is the part where I find out if it's any good or not...
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

It can get over 4000 stations.
                !!!

Comment

But you can only store 5 presets
                  WTFing point is there in that?

Mind you, Smas before last I bought a load of DAB radios, one for each room in the house, for my wife's Xmas pressy. ("And she shall have music whereever she goes.") With hindsight, an MP3 player would have been more xost effective.

Anyway, some of those only have 5 presets too, despite having found over 60 stations.

Comment

It's not fun when you're stuck on a project headed for oblivion. Best to bail before it all gets out of hand...
                    Unless you're a contractor. Time = money. Fame & glory is for personnel records.

Comment

Yep. That's what I am working on.

Mrs Gonzo needs a bit of convincing that it is OK to get out, but I think that that has a lot to do with the fact that she wants to quit her permy job and she won't feel comfortable doing that if I am not working.

I have been telling her that it would be OK for her to quit for the last 6 months and she hasn't done it. She's missed her window of opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                      X