• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be worth a trip to Ostend as well then, thanks Gonzo.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      France upped the taxes on cigarettes a couple of years ago. So much so that it is worth going to Belgium or even Luxembourg for them if you are going to stock up.

Not sure whether this affected the price of cigars in France though.
      The quote I found earlier was from an article which suggested that after the legal challenges in France about selling Cubans, it's probably easier / cheaper to get them in Belgium or even Spain.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Its deffo cheaper and easier to go to Belgium for smoking material.
        Really easy to find a tabaconist in Belgium and only takes about 30/40 mins to get there and find one.

Comment

Belgium it is then (and then back to France to a wine shed )
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Right, early night beckons.

Great TPD work tonight everyone
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

There's a shortage of big bottles of quality champagne looming, so if you're over there before Christmas, there could be an opportunity...
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                That's what I did last year.. If you place your order online with some of the merchants and it is over £300 then they have offers to pay for your ferry/tunnel crossing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  There's a shortage of big bottles of quality champagne looming, so if you're over there before Christmas, there could be an opportunity...
                  Not sure I will have enough space in the car for loads of wine/beers/wine and now big bottles of champers.... Can I claim van hire as a business expense ??

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    If you are taking your car over then drive half an hour along the motorway from Calais towards Bruges. The first exit from the motorway over the border in Belgium is a place called Adinkerke. Last time I was there (about three years ago) they had several shops selling cigarettes in bulk to English people.

There were coachloads from Essex and Kent.

They even had a little caravan selling teas and hotdogs with a sign saying "PG Tips sold here". Tragic really.

EDIT - Not sure how successful Cigar hunting would have been there, I was only after cigarettes. However if you are early enough in the day, it is not too much further to Bruges for a spot of lunch.
                    Last edited by Gonzo; 20 November 2007, 22:10. Reason: Needed to make the post more Cigar focussed.

Comment

Just turned over the TV and didn't realise UFC 78 is on... Looks like I could be up late tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X