• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont

Comment

like the

Comment

taxman

Comment

Why not?

Or is that a rhetorical question?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto View Post
            fg's count was from posting pictures of scantily clad women. Needless to say, "General" suffered a major slump during that time
            For some reason my PC logged me out earlier, so when I refreshed the page it took me to somewhere else in TPD.

Where I found some links to pictures from fg. Now I understand why we can't post pictures in threads any more!
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

and why tpd has a top notch view count.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                That shows that my TPD output is pretty low in comparison to my total output.
                mine is exactly the opposite.

Comment

wot to listen to....

Wifeys out so can be loud

Lou Read or Pink Floyd?
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

floyd won

Comment

Dark Side of the Moon (titled in the 1993 CD release as Dark Side of the Moon, and often abbreviated as DSotM) is a concept album by the British progressive rock band Pink Floyd, released in 1973 and engineered by Alan Parsons. It is notable for its use of Musique concrète and philosophical lyrics, something that would eventually become a trademark of Pink Floyd's music. The album was a landmark in rock music, as it featured radio-friendly songs such as "Money", "Time", "Us and Them", and "Brain Damage/Eclipse". Some music critics use the album as a point of reference in determining between "classic" blues rock and the then-new genre of electronic music.[3]

The Dark Side of the Moon explores the nature of the human experience. For example, "Time" deals with aging and the overwhelmingly fast approach of death. "Money" deals with materialism with tongue-in-cheek lyrics and wealth-related sound effects. "Us and Them" deals with conflict, ethnocentrism, and the belief that a person's self is "always in the right".[4]

The Dark Side of the Moon is widely hailed by many critics and fans as Pink Floyd's magnum opus, and is generally considered their definitive album.[5] In 2006 it was voted "My Favourite Album" by viewers and listeners to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.[6] In 1990, Australian radio listeners voted it the best album to make love to,[7] and in 2003, Rolling Stone heralded The Dark Side of the Moon as the 43rd greatest album of all time.[8]

The Dark Side of the Moon spent 741 consecutive weeks on the USA-based Billboard 200 album chart, the longest duration in history.[9] It is also the fifth highest selling album globally of all time, selling more than forty million units.[10]

The only time there is a gap of silence on the whole album is between The Great Gig in the Sky and Money, where there is a side change on the LP; this pause was filled in with a barely audible transition by Alan Parsons for one CD release.
                      Last edited by Troll; 3 November 2007, 19:13.

Comment

Working...
                      X