• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    And it features a .75 recoilless handgun.
    .75 = 75mm = 7.5cm = 3" approx

Love to see a handgun chambered to take that round.
    Be about 3 kilos and that would be single shot.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Kurt and I volunteered to Move forward and see if we could estimate the enemy strength, one of the SA boys joined us and took point about twenty feet ahead.
      The brush was thick and movement was difficult without making a noise.
      We were all carrying R4 South African assault rifles these were similar to the Israeli Galil which was based on the AK 47.
      The accuracy was crap after 500 yards but the rifle used 5.56 rounds and was like the AK 47, devestating in a bush fight where you could barely see 50 yards.
      Problem was that they were a nightmare to crawl around in the bush with.
      I real missed my regular tools of the trade.

Comment

We came to a clearing and realised that we had lost sight of the SA boy on point.
        We stopped and strained for some sound of him over the noise of battle in the distance.
        A tap on my boot nearly gave me a heart attack, Kurt was in front of me.
        I turned slowly bringing the combat knife out of my belt as I did.
        to look straight into the grinning face of the South african.
        We had gone left when he had gone right as we passed through a thicket he whispered.

Comment

mmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm cos it's going fast.

Comment

He indicated that we should follow and crawled away to our right, we followed.
            About 50 feet on he held up his hand and waved us on indicating low and quiet.
            we were on the edge of a wide ridge, below us and 40-50 feet to our right, a squad were setting up mortars.
            There were three of us and we had the element of surprise, we were in cover and they were in the open, we lobbed a grenade each and opened fire before they hit.
            It was over in less than twenty seconds.

Comment

it was four cheeses that i had last night.

Comment

and a salad to keep me honest and ensure a complete satiation. and a bottle of water to wash it down with.

Comment

which means beer tonight. but what shall i chew alongside the drink?

Comment

i could do another pizza. i do like pizza. and it is good value. which is most important. mind you mustapha didn't give me my frequent pizza discount yesterday.... i think he forgot. maybe next week i will get it.

Comment

maybe that means i won't get my frequent diner beer-on-the-house in the italian tonight. now that would be a shame.

Comment

Working...
                      X