• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Well aware of that, the last time I worked for a small company, I got asked to inventory all the equipment. They also cut back on extras as well.
    At least you got to walk out the door with all the equipment that failed to make the inventory
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Well aware of that, the last time I worked for a small company, I got asked to inventory all the equipment. They also cut back on extras as well.
      It's handy when they forget to take all the keys off you so you can wander back in & nick some more.

Or so I've heard.

<ZG in "I'd never do such a thing" mode>

Comment

Though 20 years later, I'm still wondering exactly why I bothered, never having touched any of it in the interim.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          It's handy when they forget to take all the keys off you so you can wander back in & nick some more.

Or so I've heard.

I was at a company which went bust back in 2008. It was reasonably high profile so there were TV cameras out front doing bits for the news. Meanwhile I was helping one of the permies sneak out a side door with monitors, a Mac Mini, a Wacom tablet and anything else that wasn't nailed down. It was all for him of course, as I was still going to get paid by the agency but he was going to get screwed out of almost a months wages. So much for permie job security

Not the only time I've ended up getting treated better than permies at a client.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            I was at a company which went bust back in 2008. It was reasonably high profile so there were TV cameras out front doing bits for the news. Meanwhile I was helping one of the permies sneak out a side door with monitors, a Mac Mini, a Wacom tablet and anything else that wasn't nailed down. It was all for him of course, as I was still going to get paid by the agency but he was going to get screwed out of almost a months wages. So much for permie job security

Not the only time I've ended up getting treated better than permies at a client.
            I was contracting at this place when it went bust; DSB Bank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Journalists everywhere, really creepy bastards; they followed me to the bakers shop when I went to buy a sarnie, they assumed, based on my large German car at the time that I must have been some senior management wonk and stuck cameras up against the car windows while a crowd of them stood in front of the car to stop me, so I gently drove ahead and forced them out of the way, then they even chased after me up the motorway. Really creepy bunch of assholes; I felt like I was being stalked. All the while the police just stood there with their hands in their pockets watching the show. Happily they just got some utterly useless pictures of some contractor who was entirely unimportant in the whole thing.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Or so I've heard.

When I left permiedom, I was asked to return all my kit. I asked if we still used the system which recorded who had what, and was told no.

Management didn't see the look on my face, or the rubbing of hands together, when they told me that.

Though 20 years later, I'm still wondering exactly why I bothered, never having touched any of it in the interim.
              Not 20 years, but I'm certain eventually that USB floppy drive will be useful one day.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Not 20 years, but I'm certain eventually that USB floppy drive will be useful one day.

Certainly more useful than a shedload of PCBs with Hitachi 63701 chips glued on.

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

Hello again

Lunch was chicken breast, perhaps not a factory chicken as it had some texture and taste, some new potatoes (going well up to now), carrots, but then for some reason an apricot in amongst the carrots. This apricot added nothing of value imho.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X