• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Most Dutch houses have kitchens that are too small and the one we're looking at is no exception. Our current house has a big kitchen but that's because we extended it. There's room to extend the kitchen in the place we're looking at, but as it's a 1930s house we need to know exactly what we can and cannot do within planning permission. I hate small, pokey little kitchens.
    Most Dutch houses the kitchens are a secondary thought, I'm getting strange looks off the estate agents for saying I'll remodel perfectly good kitchens ( niet zo goed als een nederlandse stijl keuken )

Yep, current rental has a smallish kitchen, the house we're looking at has a 6x6m space worth of kitchen dining space which is awesome and the fact the kitchen itself has granite worktops which have been set at smurf level (i.e the person who cooks there aint tall).

Will see what happens with this one as we're not letting it get away.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      granite worktops which have been set at smurf level

Comment

Morning all...
        Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          You may laugh, but try cooking in a kitchen that has been set for cloggies, it aint fun.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning all.

Stone me it's miserable out there at the moment.

Comment

Morning
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Most Dutch houses the kitchens are a secondary thought, I'm getting strange looks off the estate agents for saying I'll remodel perfectly good kitchens ( niet zo goed als een nederlandse stijl keuken )

Yep, current rental has a smallish kitchen, the house we're looking at has a 6x6m space worth of kitchen dining space which is awesome and the fact the kitchen itself has granite worktops which have been set at smurf level (i.e the person who cooks there aint tall).

Will see what happens with this one as we're not letting it get away.
                  Probably 90% of Dutch kitchens are too small, poorly equipped, badly laid out and have no room for using the kitchen as a social space. In other words, they're tulipe. It's different if you look in some very old houses where the kitchen was used as a living space, but somewhere in the 20th century cloggies discovered convenience food and never looked back. They genuinely believe electric ranges are good for cooking on.

But it might be interesting trying to sell our place. Current market's tulipe, and of course seeing as we're both foodies the kitchen takes up about half the ground floor with a great big gas range built in, no built-in microwave and no deep fryer; cloggies might be confused by the size and endless culinary possibilities of such a kitchen and discombobulated by the facilities for preparing and cooking such wonders as fresh vegetables and unprocessed meat, plus the terrifying concept of cooking on gas. Kitchen is also Ferrari red and full of Italian design stuff with stainless steel work surfaces. 'But but...we only need to put a frikadel in de microwave...dis is too big'. On the other hand if we're lucky some foodies will look at the place and love it.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Bored.

Now.

Om.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      Probably 90% of Dutch kitchens are too small, poorly equipped, badly laid out and have no room for using the kitchen as a social space. In other words, they're tulipe. It's different if you look in some very old houses where the kitchen was used as a living space, but somewhere in the 20th century cloggies discovered convenience food and never looked back. They genuinely believe electric ranges are good for cooking on.

But it might be interesting trying to sell our place. Current market's tulipe, and of course seeing as we're both foodies the kitchen takes up about half the ground floor with a great big gas range built in, no built-in microwave and no deep fryer; cloggies might be confused by the size and endless culinary possibilities of such a kitchen and discombobulated by the facilities for preparing and cooking such wonders as fresh vegetables and unprocessed meat, plus the terrifying concept of cooking on gas. Kitchen is also Ferrari red and full of Italian design stuff with stainless steel work surfaces. 'But but...we only need to put a frikadel in de microwave...dis is too big'. On the other hand if we're lucky some foodies will look at the place and love it.

Good luck with selling it's a bitch of a market for sellers atm, but great for people like me

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X