• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Nice - what did you braise the pig cheeks in?

I just did creamed mushrooms and garlic on bruscetta, with parmesan and truffle

Planning xmas dinner atm.

Am seeing if I can get this delivered to cloggers.

Failing that its a trip to borough market
    Whole cloves, bay leaf, rosemary, garlic, chicken stock for 3 hours. Balsamic and white wine reduction.

Although I'm seriously tempted into getting some gear for doing sous vide - any advice?

Pheasant and menu looks fantastic. My brother-in-law & sister are cooking for Christmas, but I've been allowed to do the amuse bouche and canapes!

They're gonna like my Christmas Dinner ice cream I've been experimenting with
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      Whole cloves, bay leaf, rosemary, garlic, chicken stock for 3 hours. Balsamic and white wine reduction.

Although I'm seriously tempted into getting some gear for doing sous vide - any advice?

Pheasant and menu looks fantastic. My brother-in-law & sister are cooking for Christmas, but I've been allowed to do the amuse bouche and canapes!

They're gonna like my Christmas Dinner ice cream I've been experimenting with
      I think I may add crab meat to the potted shrimp (hollandse garnarlen - brown shrimp) are plentiful here.

Maybe gravad lax for xmas eve with a creme fraiche and mustard sauce. I can make it the week before.

Am thinking about sous vide myself, Modernist Cuisine at Home: Amazon.co.uk: Nathan Myhrvold, Maxime Bilet: Books but don't have the space for the equipment atm.

Cooking for Geeks: Real Science, Great Hacks, and Good Food: Amazon.co.uk: Jeff Potter: Books

Sous Vide for the Home Cook: Amazon.co.uk: Douglas Baldwin, Dr. Michael Eades, Dr. Mary Dan Eades: Books

Though Mr N and I went house hunting again yesterday and one of the houses that we had a second viewing has a good utility room where both of us said at the same time we could stick a sous vide machine in.

I do a lot of slow cooking, so it would be ideal
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        I think I may add crab meat to the potted shrimp (hollandse garnarlen - brown shrimp) are plentiful here.

Maybe gravad lax for xmas eve with a creme fraiche and mustard sauce. I can make it the week before.

Am thinking about sous vide myself, Modernist Cuisine at Home: Amazon.co.uk: Nathan Myhrvold, Maxime Bilet: Books but don't have the space for the equipment atm.

Cooking for Geeks: Real Science, Great Hacks, and Good Food: Amazon.co.uk: Jeff Potter: Books

Sous Vide for the Home Cook: Amazon.co.uk: Douglas Baldwin, Dr. Michael Eades, Dr. Mary Dan Eades: Books

Though Mr N and I went house hunting again yesterday and one of the houses that we had a second viewing has a good utility room where both of us said at the same time we could stick a sous vide machine in.

I do a lot of slow cooking, so it would be ideal
        Great links there norrahe - thanks. May have just solved my Christmas pressie conundrum.

Specially like the Geeks book - one quote made me chuckle:

And how quickly does a pizza cook if we overclock an oven to 1,000° F/540° C?

Comment

Great links there norrahe - thanks. May have just solved my Christmas pressie conundrum.

I have the geeks book, juts haven't got round to reading it yet
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The joys of travelling with a second rate airline.

Delayed again, and they only tell you about 20 mins beforehand.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Apparently we're boarding

The plane has only just pulled up to the gate

Only one more week of this and then I don't have to see the inside of an airport for two weeks.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Comment

Morning!

Ommmm....

Cooked my Peking Duck pizza - brought some in for the perms at the clientco.

Comment

Working...
                      X