• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I noticed whilst on the motorway two things, one regarding lane control and the other regarding mobile 'phones.
    People's lane control is far worse than it used to be.

You didn't used to get people drinking from Red Bull cans or paper coffee cups while driving. And fiddling with the SatNav is more distracting than tuning the old two-knob radio.

I also blame people texting while driving.

Despite lanes being wider than they used to be, people drift across the lanes quite frequently, and it is very worrying.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I noticed whilst on the motorway two things, one regarding lane control and the other regarding mobile 'phones.
      I notice mobile 'phone use on the motorways has gone down. More drivers have those Lieutenant Uhura style ear dongles, which is a good thing.

But there are still a scarily high proportion of drivers texting at 60 mph+. And typically cruising in the middle lane as they do so.

But even more worrying is the number of HGV drivers on the mobile 'phone. With these things costing over £50k, I would have thought a £10 hands-free kit would have been a worthwhile investment.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

More drivers have those Lieutenant Uhura style ear dongles,
        Just for Zeity:

Comment

Fnarr, fnarr.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Osteopath again today.
            Hmm. Does he/she walk like a duck?

More beer methinks.
            Youthinks right. Muscle relaxant.

I've told Mr N he's prepping dinner.

Unfortunately for him that does not mean picking up the phone and ordering summat.
            Meanie!

Better get back and see if he's finished cleaning the mussels
            Absolutely. There's nothing a man likes more when ordered to cook than being supervised.

Comment

You need a certain critical mass of contributors, each providing ideas to spark off new conversations.
              And when I say "critical" I don't mean like they do in General.

Comment

You need a certain critical mass of contributors, each providing ideas to spark off new conversations.
                Although "critical mass" might be a good name for that lot in General.

Comment

Listening to The Shuttleworths is similar to reading TPD.

And both are very much a minority sport, too.
                  John Shuttleworth also has serious issues in his life.

Comment

Hmm. Does he/she walk like a duck?

Youthinks right. Muscle relaxant.

Meanie!

Absolutely. There's nothing a man likes more when ordered to cook than being supervised.
                    Nah, I get him to do the commis chef bit and then I cook, he doesn't mind. At least I do the cheffy bits for him
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nah, I get him to do the commis chef bit and then I cook, he doesn't mind. At least I do the cheffy bits for him
                      Still training him, eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X