• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Love the Father Xmas shadow ship, Z.

Not so scary now is it?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      It screams Jingle Bells as it flies, rather than just screaming.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'm beginning to despair, got contacted about another gig, supposedly London and Croydon based, another agency contacted me and they maintain the role is based in Croydon, contacted main agency and said not so sure about this can they confirm.

Checked how long the commute would take to Croydon and it's 2 hours by train with 2 changes so add another 3 quarters of an hour for drive to station, general faff and for faffing with tube changes.

London takes me nearly 2 hours door to door on a daily basis and I have got used to that.

Of the last 6 or so interviews, the majority have been canned, resourced internally or seemingly completely different spec to what I was pitched in the first instance and I think I missed out on 1 to someone with more experience.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I worked in Croydon and it took nearly an hour from here.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            I worked in Croydon and it took nearly an hour from here.
            I suspect the role is primarily based there.

According to the pimp it takes 15 mins from London Bridge.

But you still have to get the tube to London bridge or Victoria from St Pancras both lines are a mare from kings cross especially first thing in the morning.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              I suspect the role is primarily based there.

According to the pimp it takes 15 mins from London Bridge.

But you still have to get the tube to London bridge or Victoria from St Pancras both lines are a mare from kings cross especially first thing in the morning.
              If you are thinking about it go to Victoria. There are a lot more trains.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                If you are thinking about it go to Victoria. There are a lot more trains.
                I think the commute into London is enough without adding summat else onto it.

When the pimp comes back to me, I'll probably tell him no.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

On which ecstatically happy note:

Byeeee

Some esteemed customers have being doing vauxhall vivas today.

Some of them were ok.

Comment

Then again, it took about 5 minutes on the interweb thingie to find the source of one or two others.

Comment

Don't they realise this stuff gets checked?

Er.

Obviously not.

Ho hum.

Comment

Working...
                      X