• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by someone View Post
    testing ...
    ... please wait...
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Post number 1,234,567 did NOT happen in TPD
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Right.

I'm off to Manchester.

I'm going to see the Quo.

Comment

I made it to the post office in time to get the parcels posted.

It was only -8 on the drive home

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            I made it to the post office in time to get the parcels posted.

It was only -8 on the drive home

positively tropical
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              I'm off to Manchester.

I'm going to see the Quo.
              And now back home again from the Manchester Apollo and the Status Quo gig.

Well, that was a revelation.

They were more active than a Cliff Richard concert, but not much. The audience, that is. The poor old gits on stage managed to walk around a bit and waggle their guitars, but that was about it.

Half the audience were chanting like at a football match and they seemed unaware there was a gig going on.

The other half were in C&A chunky-knit sweaters, sensible warm trousers and big hats to keep their bald pates warm.

The coats didn;t come off until about an hour into the gig, when the crumblies started to warm up.

The music wasn't too loud so nobody needed to get upset, but loud enough that you didn't need new batteries in your hearing aid.

Going to the Gents after the event was amusing - a huge queue like at the motorway services. given the relative speed I was in and out of there, I feel confident there's nothing wrong with my prostate.

Rossi has had his hair cut. That was unwise. He now looks just like my old, retired, disreputable father-in-law.

Rick's voice was weak as he's poorly, so Rossi said at the start the audience would have to sing for him, which they did, and everybody seemed to be fine with that.

It was good; but reminiscent of the carol concerts we did at the old people's home when I was in the Scouts.

Comment

Comment

Back to Manchester again today, this time for an Xmas dinner.

The local branch Mrs RC's professional body has their Xmas dinner today and partners are invited.

It's only a pub lunch but it's the only works outing I'm going to get.

Comment

One of the scam spammers has cocked up their script. Every 15 to 25 minutes through the night I've received the same email offering GBP3000+/month for a money laundering job (just send us all your bank details...). The name changes and the embedded email address changes but the rest remains the same.

Surely nobody falls for these things?

Comment

Morning all.

Ex-lustee has lost her keys.

I think she's channelling my mum.

Comment

Working...
                      X