• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Best of luck RC
    WZS
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Ta muchly.

The first interview was over 2 weeks ago now, and I was rather hoping they would not offer it to me. The dosh was the least amount I'd want to accept and the location was not ideal.

Actually, the location was up the Devil's arse and round the first bend, as far as I'm concerned: Swindon. <shudder>
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

The second interview was in my niche field and in the same industry as I was in for my last gig, so I am quite hopeful.

The money was 15% less than my last gig but rather more than I'm on right now.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Seems we're in the same boat I'm waiting to hear on one on Monday, have a second interview, already met with the consultancy and meeting with their client on Tuesday.

First one is banking which is difficult to get into at the best of times, but the interviewer was keen and said so (I'll believe that when the ink is dry on the contract)
          • but there are administrative hoops and 100 years of references,
          • there is also the possibility of long hours and high stress,
          • rate is the same as I was on in my last gig.

Consultancy role, is in my niche market is longer, but the same money.

Am wondering if I just put up with silly hours and stress for 6 months as it expands my skill set and makes me more marketable when I move to NL next year.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            First one is banking
            • there is also the possibility of long hours and high stress,
            • rate is the same as I was on in my last gig.

Am wondering if I just put up with silly hours and stress...
            That is miserable and depressing...

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            ... for 6 months as it expands my skill set and makes me more marketable when I move to NL next year.
            ... but that is A Plan.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              well the company I interviewed with have come back and its +ve.

However there is a difference of 10k in salary. I've emailed back to see if we meet somewhere middle
              You go FT

Fingers crossed for muchos dinares

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just watching top gear US version, ouch, painful, talk about taking yourself too seriously and the inability to drive.

I forgot Americans don't know how to change gear
                Last edited by norrahe; 4 December 2010, 22:02.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Quiet in here, innit?

Night, night.

Comment

morning all

Frantic morning in the household, wrapping, cleaning, tidying etc

We have a present exchange later this afternoon

Comment

Morning

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X