• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so we enter one of the CUK quiet times.

People are travelling between gig and home, in the pub or feeding the contractorlings.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

For about 30 minutes, there are few postings.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

It is a time for contemplation.

Comment

A time to consider one's actions through the day.

Comment

When one can wonder "Have I been good? Have I done a good deed? Have I achieved all I set out to achieve? Have I made the world a better place?"

Comment

That probably accounts for why it is also a good time to start drinking.

Comment

Morning all.

Just discovered that hu-man males born after 6th December 1953 will retire (should they live that long) at 66.

I knew I'd chosen the wrong year for this incarnation.

Ho fecking hum.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  Aah. Bless.

Your stoic ability to keep out of the shenanigans in General never ceases to amaze me.
                  I fear that such things are of little interest to me.

He did seem to get a bit exercised that you knew his name though.

Comment

Enjoy the flat spot square wheel thing.
                    Different train in the evening

And a different train this morning too.

It was on time to the second.

No good will come of this.

Comment

I have a dilemma.

I have been to the library and found and borrowed:

- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.
                      I have been looking for a copy for at least 30 years. One of my big bruvvas had it and would not let me borrow it. I started watching the film online a couple of years ago and only got about 20 minutes in before I gave up.

- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip Dick.
                      I have been looking for a copy ever since I saw Blade Runner when it came out.

- Yet another Warhammer 40000 tome.

So, which do I read first?

I'm all of a pontettle.
                      Ah yes. My sister made off with my copy of Clockwork Orange. Can't say I missed it much.

Apparently the US edition, the one that the film got made from, didn't have the final chapter that's in the UK edition, thus making it seem a tad bleaker than it already was.

As to Androids, er, it isn't quite like the film, I think you'll find.

Have you read much by P.K. Dick?

Comment

Working...
                      X