• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pimps are just a waste of time, they seem to have juniors ringing up people on their behalf, who haven't a clue about the industries and then it turns out the CV they have is donkeys years old
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      Yeah, that'll help but it won't cure it. A good hot (spicy) curry is also good, since you probably can't taste anything milder than a vindaloo at the moment.
      A good curry always seems to work for me and a hot toddy.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Classiest line yet from a wannabe pimp

Me: where did you get my cv as you obviously have a very old one on your records

WP: it was in this pile of old cvs they gave me.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Gosh.

It's difficult to realise I used to spend my days writing this software stuff.

I managed to leave an entire state out of my decode state machine.

Comment

I think it must have been in another life.

Comment

And I've also realised that my 5ms ticks were in fact 10ms ticks because of a curious structure from a previous POS that I wrote about 18 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Gosh.

It's difficult to realise I used to spend my days writing this software stuff.

I managed to leave an entire state out of my decode state machine.

What I'm doing now is wading into that software coding stuff
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Best of luck.

Stay away from assembler though.

Comment

This thing is running rather slowly, so...

Byeee

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Best of luck.

Stay away from assembler though.
                      I don't plan to get too into it. But knowing a bit about coding and some good scripting and the ins and outs of apps is what will up the rate. I'm doing app deployment - MSI packages/virtualisation/sequencing and deploying them - SCCM/Radia/Altiris etc.

A step up from support monkey in a quite nice niche area but not full blown coding (yet). I only want to be doing this for another 2 or so years.
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X