• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I think that is probably the correct conclusion.
    And it would be so easy for them to say - sorry but they have found someone else.
    If that person then doesnt want it, phone up and say "There has been a problem are you still interested ?"

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      And it would be so easy for them to say - sorry but they have found someone else. If that person then doesnt want it, phone up and say "There has been a problem are you still interested ?"
      I agree. They could say "It's sort of good news. You are number 2 and I need you on standby just in case". But instead, they are evasive, pretend to be unavailable or make stuff up. I stand by my tediously-quoted claim: recruitment agents are habitual liars. And when one is benched and dealing with them all the time, the lies start becoming transparent and predictable. And that is just so frustrating. You can't give your wife a straight answer ("Did you get it or not?" "Dunno" "So ask him" "I did" "And did you get it or not?" "Dunno")

I feel for you, I really do.

Still, it's the weekend now and you have a family to enjoy.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        I agree. They could say "It's sort of good news. You are number 2 and I need you on standby just in case". But instead, they are evasive, pretend to be unavailable or make stuff up. I stand by my tediously-quoted claim: recruitment agents are habitual liars. And when one is benched and dealing with them all the time, the lies start becoming transparent and predictable. And that is just so frustrating. You can't give your wife a straight answer ("Did you get it or not?" "Dunno" "So ask him" "I did" "And did you get it or not?" "Dunno")

I feel for you, I really do.

Still, it's the weekend now and you have a family to enjoy.
        That would involve some degree of knowledge, personality, professionalism, courtesy.....
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          That would involve some degree of knowledge, personality, professionalism, courtesy.....
          <CJ>I didn't get where I am today with some degree of knowledge, personality, professionalism, courtesy.....</CJ>
          Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

now, the question of the day is, do I get out of bed or stay posting until my hangover goes away

I am sooooo glad I was not drink the same as RH and Zeno
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

well made it out of bed eventually and out to waitrose for the weekly shop, now need to make some red curry paste for dinner tonight
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

DD1 managed 48 lengths in 30 mins today

She really wanted 50 - maybe next week

Comment

DD1 is now at the pics watching new moon

DD2 showered and ready for a glass of milk and a flake

I'm just having a glass of vino and ready to warm the chilli chicken up

Comment

DD2 had a great time at the party and came back a bit sweaty - only to be expected from those jungle gym places

Comment

DD1 &DD2 have written their Christmas card for school friends, nearly 100 between them

Comment

Working...
                      X