• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Burp.

Hello, vdf.

How's things?
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post

Hello, vdf.

How's things?
      Bostin' ta. Greene King Suffolk Springer was on offer in Morrisons so I stocked up. Hic.

How's yerself?
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

After cod and chips followed by a few bottles of real ale, it's a little blowy in here too.
        What do you think may have caused that? Too much vinegar on the chips? The tartare sauce?
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

What do you think may have caused that? Too much vinegar on the chips? The tartare sauce?
          It was probably that apple I had earlier. I'll see if another bottle of beer fixes it...

Comment

I like beer, me.

Comment

Bostin' ta. Greene King Suffolk Springer was on offer in Morrisons so I stocked up. Hic.
              We discovered a local stack-'em-high-sell-'em-cheap shop this evening. It is doing tiny 275ml bottles of Bombardier (the beer that used to be proud to boast it was only sold in 20 fl oz bottles) at 49p each. I reckon that's about £1 per pint.

I might go back with a trolley and clean them out.

Instead I bought 4 cans of Thwaites Original for £1.49

How's yerself?
              Full of 4 cans of Thwaites Original and a couple of pints of home brew.

Comment

It was probably that apple I had earlier. I'll see if another bottle of beer fixes it...
                Apples give me hiccups.

But if I have hiccups and eat an apple, they stop.

There is probably a very good reason for that.

Comment

I like beer, me.
                  Those of us of northern and central European extraction are genetically disposed (disposed? That's the wrong word, Shirley?) to drinking beer.

Those of our predecessors that declined the new-fangled brewed-grain-drink continued to get parasites and diseases from drinking untreated water, had few children and either died out or become weak and rare.

Those that took to strict adherence to the new (new as in neolithic) philosophy of "don't drink the water, fish fornicate in it" would have been fitter (all those B vitamins) and protected from disease and parasites.

Ergo, those that naturally desire beer were dominant.

We are their ancestors.

It is not our fault we like beer. We are just genetically dis-thingied that way. We are more evolved, that's what it is.

In southern Europe it is ditto but for wine.

Comment

Instead I bought 4 cans of Thwaites Original for £1.49
                    I bought some Thwaites this evening as well - a couple of variants of Liberation (one 4.9% and the other 5.2%) and a bottle of Wainwright.

Comment

It is not our fault we like beer. We are just genetically dis-thingied that way. We are more evolved, that's what it is.
                      That being the case, cheers!

Comment

Working...
                      X