• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    Sadly not CM. Mainly because this place was as dead as a doornail whilst you were away and secondly because Brillo and Zeity only seem to misbehave while you're around.

I probably haven't got the right technique so you'll have to teach me the appropriate moves before you go away again
    just give us lots of

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
      I'm not sure about that.....but I'm sure the guys would love to watch while we experiment!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Just been told by NewClientCorp that I am no longer required - they've finally managed to build the team up with a sufficient number of skilled permies

Bench in two weeks...

I can't believe they can do without you.

Comment

The amusing aspect of it was that (as I had noticed at the start, but had not mentioned) their legal department had a slip of the keyboard when drawing up my contract, so that it said that I was entitled to a six month notice period... on what was originally a six month contract

They mentioned it before I did, virtually pleading with me to accept that it was a mistake, and not to hold them to it

I graciously condescended to overlook the error, rather than calling in my brother (who's a partner in one of the country's top commercial law firms), because I'm nice like that

Also, these people are in the upper echelons of my field, and if I want to stay in said echelons myself, it makes sense not to get on the wrong side of them... everybody who counts knows everybody else in this game, and word gets around
          indeed - a very sensible view in my opinion.

are you going to take time off or start looking straight away?

Comment

I wonder how many unread email CM had this morning?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I can't believe they can do without you.
              Lots of very smart cookies here now - in fact, the number of people who've come from Y! makes me wonder if they might need me back to fill a gap

indeed - a very sensible view in my opinion.

are you going to take time off or start looking straight away?
              Definitely some time off - there's a conference coming up at the end of May, so I would have been off for about a week anyway.

I've only lost about six weeks billing, in fact.

Comment

Lots of very smart cookies here now - in fact, the number of people who've come from Y! makes me wonder if they might need me back to fill a gap

Definitely some time off - there's a conference coming up at the end of May, so I would have been off for about a week anyway.

I've only lost about six weeks billing, in fact.
                So are you going to take up Wilmslow's suggestion?

Comment

So are you going to take up Wilmslow's suggestion?
                  I think not

Comment

I think not

you were alot politer than I expected!

Comment

I am off to my "Journey in faith" course - the things I do for my kids!

Comment

Working...
                      X