• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    BP - this is me you're talking to.....
    I bet you think that compiled and tested are the same thing.

Okay - instead you can beast 100 users if you prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Childsplay!
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Afternoon denizens

While I was away they completely restructured the application... fair enough, it had to be done, and should have been done several weeks ago, but unfortunately they didn't realise (because I wasn't here to tell them) that one of the major components I'd been working had a dependancy on an external library.

As their wonderful magic technique (which admittedly is very clever) for building the environment needs special mollycoddling to include external libraries, I'm now in the position that all the stuff I was supposed to be working on doesn't work, and can't be made to work, until the bloke responsible for the magic has worked out how to make it properly magical

Ideal situation to be in on a Friday afternoon, really - I can do something more interesting instead

Time for the motorway soon, anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          That's exactly what my students think

"It assembles/and/or compiles ok, why doesn't it work?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Afternoon denizens

While I was away they completely restructured the application... fair enough, it had to be done, and should have been done several weeks ago, but unfortunately they didn't realise (because I wasn't here to tell them) that one of the major components I'd been working had a dependancy on an external library.

As their wonderful magic technique (which admittedly is very clever) for building the environment needs special mollycoddling to include external libraries, I'm now in the position that all the stuff I was supposed to be working on doesn't work, and can't be made to work, until the bloke responsible for the magic has worked out how to make it properly magical

Ideal situation to be in on a Friday afternoon, really - I can do something more interesting instead

I dislike magic very strongly...

Hope the motorway is good for you this afternoon, Nick, old chap...

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Ah, I'm guessing the mirrors are all aligned but the smokes still the wrong colour?
              B00med!

Comment

Typical of clients... changing things while your back is turned...

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Childsplay!
                  I bet they get a

Comment

Afternoon denizens

great work Nick.

Comment

Just had a little optimist come in asking if I can fix his USB memory stick.

Well, with the illuminated magnifier, and my super strong visor thingie, I can just about see the tracks that are broken...

As to fixing it, no chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X