• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

If I win the lottery I intend to buy every single OS map for the UK....
    I knew a chap who bought the unfolded maps from the OS and used them to decorate a wall of his living room

EDIT: not all of them, obviously, as he'd have needed a very large wall - he had the town where he lived at the centre, and just had as much of the country as would fit.

Comment

Dinner is served - burgers, chips and beans

Comment

I'm off to the pub to read Private Eye

Later, denizens

Comment

Ah...mates. Don't you just love them.

Comment

Removed
            Last edited by Sockpuppet; 21 April 2008, 06:51.

Comment

Evening all!

Just popping in to say hi and bye

That boy go raaaaaaa
              Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                http://suffolk.distancecompsci.com/~dulieu/termn8.htm

SP, if you do that again, I'm going to make the (short) journey down the A47 and do a Banksy-style stencil of Rick Astley on the front of your parents' house

I know how to stop crap like that but other people here don't, and might click on it when at work. Get rid of it

Comment

I shall now try to recover from being tipped into angry mode by SP... if there's one thing I hate it's being angry

Please, SP, stop spoofing us with crap like that. PM it to HRH instead.

Comment

Ooh, I found something else to complain about

Here's what I told abebooks.co.uk:
                    "Hi,

Having spent a long time trying to log in using my existing account and password, I finally requested an email reminder of my password, only to find that it was the password I had been using all along. I finally noticed that the email address quoted in the reminder email was in UPPER CASE, and having re-entered my email address thusly, I was able to log in.

I then saw that, on your Help pages, you state that: "Also, the email address you registered with and your password are both case-sensitive" - however, although a password should be case-sensitive, an email address should not be.

More accurately, although the part of an email address preceding the "@" symbol may be case-sensitive, the domain part, following the "@" symbol, is case-insensitive, as specified in RFC 2821 section 2.4 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2821#section-2.4>.

I also think it is important to note that although, when I registered with the site, I entered my email address in lower-case, your systems have converted it to upper-case (a form I never use) and will only allow me to log in if I enter my address in that form.

As a professional software engineer and web applications developer, it only took me about half an hour to debug this issue and log in to the site. I strongly suspect that many of your users will not find it so easy to resolve these issues.

Might I therefore suggest that you correct your systems to accommodate email addresses with regard to the proper rules regarding case-sensitivity thereof; and may I also request that you modify your existing record of my email address to the lower-case form which I used when I registered, and would prefer to use in the future.

Kind regards,

NickFitz."

I never normally complain about even the most egregious stuff, but a blatant disregard for an RFC gets the green-ink merchant out in me every time

Ho hum
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 21 April 2008, 02:43. Reason: indentation to improve presentation :-)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Please, SP, stop spoofing us with crap like that. PM it to HRH instead.

Ok its gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X