• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening all

I'm just listening to an amazing Nils Lofgren album

It's a recording of a radio concert in SF in 1975... his record company sent it out as a promotional album. I think they only made a few thousand...

"The so-called "Official Bootleg" from A&M. Correctly titled as "Back It Up!! Nils Lofgren Live. An Authorized Bootleg". This LP record was released in 1975 by A&M as a promotional recording for US radio stations etc, but a good many found there way into public hands. I had a copy until about 1981 having paid about £10.00 for it in 1977. They sell for an alleged £20.00 now but I somewhat doubt that as a realistic price. Bet on three to four times that for the genuine article. As a record it is a five star wonder. Recorded in front of a small audience, Nils shows all his talents from piano to vocals to some of the most electrifying guitar playing ever. Don't bother listening to it before you buy, just go out and get it. " Linky

My copy's sleeve is in much better condition than the one on that site... it also still contains the original letter from the record company

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Evening all

I'm just listening to an amazing Nils Lofgren album

It's a recording of a radio concert in SF in 1975... his record company sent it out as a promotional album. I think they only made a few thousand...
      "When Lofgren’s debut studio platter failed to set the world alight, A&M execs decided to press up 1000 copies of this sensational live show, recorded in 1976, for a US radio station." Linky

It's even rarer than I thought... I'd better transfer it to CD and stop playing the original

Although they've got the date wrong - I just checked the covering letter, and it's dated December 15th 1975.

Comment

Off out now - see you all later

Comment

Act 1, Scene 1

Customer: A gin and tonic please

Barmaid: OK

Barmaid creates gin and tonic
          Barmaid places gin and tonic before customer

Barmaid: Anything else?

Customer: Do you sell gin?

Barmaid:
          Last edited by NickFitz; 20 April 2008, 02:33. Reason: line spacing (ho hum)

Comment

Barmaid:
            Although that's how Barmaid felt (as related to me later), to her credit she just said "No", which led to much confusion amongst the imbeciles:

"Oh Sue, they don't have any gin..."
            "Oh, I'm not sure what I want then..."

etc. etc.
            Last edited by NickFitz; 20 April 2008, 02:51.

Comment

"Imbecile: from Latin imbecillus, literally ‘without a supporting staff’"

I have no supporting staff - I have to do everything myself

I didn't realise that this made me an imbecile (although I had certain suspicions)

Comment

morning

Comment

I am off to church

Comment

"Imbecile: from Latin imbecillus, literally ‘without a supporting staff’"

I have no supporting staff - I have to do everything myself

I didn't realise that this made me an imbecile (although I had certain suspicions)
                    Good night down the pub then?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Looks like it will be the week after I come back from holiday
                      <checks Outlook to see when that is, crashes and reboots machine - d'oh>
                      <opens Palm and checks>

hello CM, when is that exactly, we could have a TPD drink with BP and others
                      Married

Comment

Working...
                      X