• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    There an awful lot like that - and I think a few of those left are only here for CM...
    Cos I'm some kind of special case who can't cope with the real world of General......

Ah well, I like it in here...
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Afternoon denizens

I'm on holiday

Comment

I bought myself a handheld GPS thingy yesterday, just for fun - one of these

So I'm now going to work out how to convert GPX files to KML files, so I can build a tool allowing me to import and export routes to and from Google Earth

I daresay somebody else has already done this, but it'll be fun to do it myself

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          I *think* it's a Banksy
          I thought it was - my sis is obsessed with them - will you email me the pic so I can send it to her?
          When I had a gig in Bristol, I used to walk past this one every morning... always used to cheer me up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Afternoon denizens

I'm on holiday

How long are you away for? Where are you going?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I bought myself a handheld GPS thingy yesterday, just for fun - one of these

So I'm now going to work out how to convert GPX files to KML files, so I can build a tool allowing me to import and export routes to and from Google Earth

I daresay somebody else has already done this, but it'll be fun to do it myself

please keep us informed of progress - including any thorny techie stuff we can help with...

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                Cos I'm some kind of special case who can't cope with the real world of General......

Ah well, I like it in here...
                I like it here - I keep going even though posts do not count anymore...

Comment

How long are you away for? Where are you going?
                  I'm not away, I'm at home - having spent almost every week living in a hotel room since last June, being at home for a few days is a holiday in itself

Back to the smoke on Wednesday evening

Comment

please keep us informed of progress - including any thorny techie stuff we can help with...
                    The GPS thingy's software is Windows-only at the moment (although they do promise Mac support some time in the future), so I've just fired up a Windows virtual machine

I have a pristine XP image sitting on an external hard drive - when I need to run a particular bit of Windows software, but don't want any other applications, I just make a copy of it, and install precisely what I need - no bloat, and it runs wonderfully fast

Comment

90 mins no post?

Comment

Working...
                      X