• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

University challenge on

Comment

National Physical Laboratory has a IT guy - look like he does punch cards for a living. He has the IT beard - really looks he part.

Sort of how I imaginge zeity really...

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        The fact that lots of stuff is only documented on the back of fag packets keeps me in work!!!
        The documentation is extensive, but sorely lacking in clarity; the fact that it's a development branch doesn't help.

I mean, saying that something accepts "a comma-separated list of arguments" is all well and good, but they might have mentioned that it means only a comma - so if you do
        Code:
        arg1, arg2
        instead of
        Code:
        arg1,arg2
        it fails silently

FFS...

Comment

evening all

Comment

just tried my remote access for working from home, no problems

Comment

I wonder what day I might work from home

Client mentioned Wednesday might be good

Comment

Hi ED

Sodding application framework driving me up the wall... I wish they'd write some decent documentation, preferably not written from the perspective of assuming that you understand all the minute details of it already

How goes it?

Ello Nick, I'm good thanks. Worked from home today and tomorrow too and ClientCo two just rang me for some more work they want me to do.

All good, it's not all doom!

Ahhh documentation, a couple of ClientCo's ago I arrived and asked for all known documentation re some processes and they looked at me and laughed.

Little did they know that the head dude had brought me in to audit them! Muahahaha

I was kind and helped the to rewrite - at additional cost of course
                That boy go raaaaaaa
                Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Oh yeh...evening all
                  That boy go raaaaaaa
                  Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Originally posted by El_Diablo View Post
                    Oh yeh...evening all
                    evening ED

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post