• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    evening all
    Evening mate

It's a bit quiet in here tonight...
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Evening denizens

I'm off to the pub, so later

Comment

Hello

Comment

I popped over to Wikipedia to see what the state of play was with the page I wrote about one of my favourite (though sadly neglected) authors several years ago - I didn't create the page, but it was merely a stub paragraph which didn't correctly describe the subject.

So I dug around, and pulled various editions from the shelves, and wrote a version which better reflected the author's work.

I'm pleased to see that since then, others have taken the trouble to expand and improve upon my endeavours

(Though I'm also glad that such phrases as "the sailors' own fecklessness and credulity" have remained - I was always rather pleased with that one )

(And, FWIW, I had to subvert the naughty words filter to get "fecklessness" past it - come on, ferret, the English language does have words that were thought up before Father Ted, or indeed television, arrived on the scene )

(And then I had to subvert it again to get it into that explanation... stop the madness! English can't be parsed by Regular Expressions, so don't bother trying... Yahoo! have a whole bunch of geniuses working on preventing naughty words in dozens of languages, but they still finish up paying a load of actual humans to check posts before they're finally censored )

Comment

Morning Nick
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Nobody seems to have noticed my change of location - I thought it was quite witty, but maybe not

<- over there

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                Morning Nick
                Hi EO

On nights again?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Hi EO

On nights again?
                  Yep - nights again mate.

I do like your new location, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                    Yep - nights again mate.

I do like your new location, btw.
                    Thank you

If you get bored, try visiting the Wikipedia page I mentioned above and following the "Works by W W Jacobs at Project Gutenberg" link at the bottom - you'll find some excellent reading there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Thank you

If you get bored, try visiting the Wikipedia page I mentioned above and following the "Works by W W Jacobs at Project Gutenberg" link at the bottom - you'll find some excellent reading there
                      I'll be sure to take a squizz...

Comment

Working...
                      X