• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, however, one can associate an IP address with one's account, and then dynamically allocate and reallocate it from one EC2 machine instance to another

Comment

My tests (limited as they are) suggest that the reallocation of an IP address from one EC2 machine instance to another takes something in the one to two minute range... which implies a truly phenomenal range of possibilities.

I already have the A record of one of the domains I own pointing to an Amazon EC2 "Elastic IP Address" and have successfully dynamically transferred it from pointing to one machine instance to pointing to another machine instance (I was installing stuff on my standard machine image anyway, so it was the ideal opportunity).

It worked

Comment

And with this very fine number (though sadly not a pali), I shall bid you all goodnight

101001 binary = 41 decimal = 51 octal = 29 hexadecimal.

Last edited by NickFitz; 30 March 2008, 04:47. Reason: Numbers :-)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          And with this very fine number (though sadly not a pali), I shall bid you all goodnight

101001 binary = 41 decimal = 51 octal = 29 hexadecimal.

Goodnight Hairy one
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Unemployment 0 %
            Transport 100 %
            Criminality 0 %
            Pollution 0 %

pop=834, rank=155

Comment

morning all

Comment

Originally posted by RRH View Post
                webby sort this abortion of a thread out.
                who is webby? and how should it be sorted out?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  I wonder if Bazza's got her jimjams on yet...
                  negligee

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    100997... not that I'm counting or anything

Many deep thoughts about EC2 tonight - they now (since last Thursday, IIRC) allow you to obtain a fixed IP address (or indeed five thereof) associated with your account, which can then be dynamically allocated to one of your EC2 machine instances
                    By EC2 do you mean the postcode?

Comment

NickFitz
                      Fingers like lightning

thousand

Comment

Working...
                      X