• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    AndyGarbs - remember to get beer from Somerfield.

Found the villain yet NF? What's in store for TPD.com then?
    cheers NF

got Brahma today, 4 for 2.99

it'll pick up a bit now every1 is coming in from work
    Married

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Won't be able to do that until I get back to the hotel, and not then if the wifi's still knackered - I'll have to remember to bring my login details for the server into work tomorrow, if necessary.

I've got various ideas of what to do with the site - visualisations of posting frequency (overall, per-user, drill-down from the lifetime of the thread to individual hours or parts thereof) seem like a good one

And allowing one to do full-text search and so on, of course.

One thing I won't be doing, I don't reckon, is showing actual posts on that domain - it isn't fair to CUK to take away page impressions, which presumably help fund the site via advertising. So it'll just be links into here.

Other ideas welcome - I'll get around to putting a suggestions form on there soon
      Ah - but how about links to deleted posts?

Stats - we crave more stats!!!
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

And that will suffice for another day.

Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
          cheers NF
          RH

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Ah - but how about links to deleted posts?

Stats - we crave more stats!!!
            That's a tricky one. My current thoughts are to show that there has been a deleted post, but obviously I can't link to it because it's been deleted. Sometimes people will delete a post because they regret having made it, and it would seem unfair to then make it available by another route.

Stats, on the other hand, will be very much the focus

Comment

That's a tricky one. My current thoughts are to show that there has been a deleted post, but obviously I can't link to it because it's been deleted. Sometimes people will delete a post because they regret having made it, and it would seem unfair to then make it available by another route.

Stats, on the other hand, will be very much the focus
              Surely in that case, the poster could alter the post to read "This post intentionally left blank" rather than just deleting it... I'm unconvinced that these posts are deleted solely due to embarassment or regret...

Comment

RH
                oops sorry RH and NF
                Married

Comment

Oh well, just for completeness...

Comment

And out of force of habit and all that...

Comment

It must be said that this disk is rattling a lot less since the reboot and defrag...

Comment

Working...
                      X