• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Not good. Pain in abundance this afternoon.
    I picked up a box full of books using one arm (obviously) and it slipped. I automatically put my bad hand underneath to stop it falling.

Bad Bad move
    Presumably, you get enough grief at home when that sort of thing happens.

It is good you are the sort of person who is forever busy. Unlike me - a bone idle ratbag.

It is a shame that you cannot rest and get better. It's the way you're made, I suppose.

But, please, do try and look after yourself.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

My Firefox crashed in mid-drivel.

Most odd.

Still, in the grand scheme of things - very trivial and quite, quite painless.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        Presumably, you get enough grief at home when that sort of thing happens.

It is good you are the sort of person who is forever busy. Unlike me - a bone idle ratbag.

It is a shame that you cannot rest and get better. It's the way you're made, I suppose.

But, please, do try and look after yourself.
        My wife is convinced that I do these things to get out of doing work
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

My Firefox crashed in mid-drivel.

Most odd.

Still, in the grand scheme of things - very trivial and quite, quite painless.
          What is even stranger, is that when I posted just now, I noticed the spellcheck wasn't working. Then I realised that I was in IE and not Firefox
          I didn't even realise I still had IE on the system

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Amazon's Elastic Compute Cloud: it allows you to create servers (which are actually virtual machines) running on Amazon's network. You can create your machine image, or customise an existing one, and then fire up as many instances of it as you want.

So if, for example, you have a complex task which would benefit from having a cluster of sixty specially-configured servers thrown at it, you just create your customised image, and fire up sixty copies of it. When they're done, you shut them down, and you only pay for the actual machine time you used.

It also means you can automatically scale against unusual loading: if you're running a web server and it starts getting hammered, just fire up a few more instances and load-balance across them. As and when the demand (slashdotting or whatever) dies down, shut down the extra ones. Thus you can scale to any level of demand, without having to do something silly like build your own datacenter

Example charges:

$0.10/hour - Small Instance (Default)
            1.7 GB of memory, 1 EC2 Compute Unit (1 virtual core with 1 EC2 Compute Unit), 160 GB of instance storage, 32-bit platform

$0.10 per GB - all data transfer in

$0.18 per GB - first 10 TB / month data transfer out
            $0.16 per GB - next 40 TB / month data transfer out
            $0.13 per GB - data transfer out / month over 50 TB

Data transfer "in" and "out" refers to transfer into and out of Amazon EC2.
            I've now come to the conclusion that I can't understand any of this crap any more... and what's more, I no longer care.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Hey boys

That 2UK gimp seriously makes my blood boil.....
              Originally posted by AtW View Post
              You are not that girl, are you?

He should be so lucky...

Comment

H! Bye!

How's the cat, BTW?
                Still with us...

Thanks for asking...

Comment

That has been the way of things here for some time.

BI
                  got
                  a
                  PALI

Merely for completeness

Comment

Muggins does the drivelling, OtherBod gets the palinilap.

BI
                    got
                    a

Merely for completeness

Comment

Ratty

Comment

Working...
                      X