• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    NO! infra red mice get confused by sweat....
    Bung it in the office microwave when no-one's about.

Sorted.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      It probably is between the modem and PC.

You've taken me back to the days of needing to replace the IO buffer chip on the serial card to ensure there enough bytes of buffer to be able to handle those mentally fast Hayes Optima 28,800 external modems. Wow! but those things flew!

The machine room at my last permie gig had cabinets full of them for connecting the various buildings. I used to spend ages in there with the lights off watching the LEDs.
      Originally posted by An Official Drivel Monitor

Non-Drivel alert!

This Generalist is not-drivelling.

Move this thread to Technical at once!

Non-Drivel alert!

Comment

IMO what was important was who much we contributed elsewhere. so the top 20 tpd posters should be ranked by posts in other forums.
        But that is the same as this list:

Rank Name Posts
        1 zeitghost 11,379
        2 AtW 9,578
        3 sasguru 8,915
        4 DimPrawn 7,123
        5 wendigo100 6,458
        6 Churchill 6,126
        7 SallyAnne 5,957
        8 TheFaQQer 5,333
        9 threaded 4,861
        10 Troll 4,676
        11 Bagpuss 4,627
        12 Lucifer Box 4,221
        13 The Lone Gunman 4,152
        14 Ardesco 4,100
        15 Sockpuppet 3,451
        16 milanbenes 3,441
        17 DodgyAgent 3,401
        18 DaveB 3,211
        19 malvolio 3,114
        20 BrilloPad 2,965

which is just the top 20 CUK posters.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

FiveTimes
          Fingers like lightning

full house

Comment

Diver
            Lord of Ruin

four of a kind

Comment

Non-Drivel alert!

Comment

I could do a table showing the ratio of CUK post count (less LR, of course) to TPD posts. It wouldn't be a drivel %age (i.e. what proportion of one's posting is just to TPD) but would be a marker of how much drivel one generates relative to the good, high quality stuff one finds in General, etc.

Comment

Or another table I could do would be:
                  CUK post count minus TPD post count

which would be a "table of shame".

Each General, etc. post would be one point, a post in LR counts as zero but a post in TPD counts as minus one. The lower the score, the more that person is a Bad Person in the eyes of the Good Folks on General.

However, I already know who will be ranked Number One on that list.

Comment

But that is the same as this list:

Rank Name Posts
                    1 zeitghost 11,379
                    2 AtW 9,578
                    3 sasguru 8,915
                    4 DimPrawn 7,123
                    5 wendigo100 6,458
                    6 Churchill 6,126
                    7 SallyAnne 5,957
                    8 TheFaQQer 5,333
                    9 threaded 4,861
                    10 Troll 4,676
                    11 Bagpuss 4,627
                    12 Lucifer Box 4,221
                    13 The Lone Gunman 4,152
                    14 Ardesco 4,100
                    15 Sockpuppet 3,451
                    16 milanbenes 3,441
                    17 DodgyAgent 3,401
                    18 DaveB 3,211
                    19 malvolio 3,114
                    20 BrilloPad 2,965

which is just the top 20 CUK posters.
                    hmmm - no wonder I do coding rather than business analysis! anyone would think I have a degree in maths or something.

is the idea to identify those who have drivelled most or drivelled least?

Comment

I could do a table showing the ratio of CUK post count (less LR, of course) to TPD posts. It wouldn't be a drivel %age (i.e. what proportion of one's posting is just to TPD) but would be a marker of how much drivel one generates relative to the good, high quality stuff one finds in General, etc.
                      Can you find which posters have contributed to which forum?

Comment

Working...
                      X