• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, I'm definitely going to bed now.
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Nice to see you off the bench mate, Have a good night
    Look after yourself and have a good night too.

Nos da.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      Right, I'm definitely going to bed now.

Look after yourself and have a good night too.

Nos da.
      May all your dreams be happy ones
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Well I'm off to bed as well.

Nobody to talk to anyway

Goodnight all
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I have kept this tab open in Firefox for long enough.

Eight times, so far.

Since reading the above I have caught myself flicking my eyes at the page number of a book or magazine to see what the time is eight times.

NF, you are not alone.

Comment

Evening denizens

(Note to self: 9846)

Coming home there was an evil wind gusting from the North, immediately behind me

As I was feeling rather peckish (I spent time coding when I should have been cooking) I succumbed to the inevitable and popped into the kebab shop down the street.

Upon leaving, a remarkably vicious gust of wind came from behind and inflated the placcy bag into which the denizens of said kebab shop had placed my purchase, blowing it out before me like a pennant. With a quick flick of the wrist, I twirled it so that it wrapped around my wrist, closed but still inflated by the wind.

"Woohoo!" thought I, "I've captured the wind!"

And strangely enough, for the last few hundred yards of my walk home, there wasn't a single gust of wind

I like it when magic works

Comment

Post #17645, eh? Of course, it was all just green fields round here in those days...
              That was the plan... draw them in with the prospect of grazing on the sunlit green uplands of TPD, then take their post counts away and force them into servitude in the galleys of General.

O tempora, O mores

Comment

The default, in a HUGE green button, is the Spetic dictionary. Do NOT click on that HUGE green button.

Instead, scroll down to:

"English (British)" and click on the Install link next to it.

That will download and install the proper dictionary.
                This is what happens when you let developers create a user interface... well, apart from developers like me (and quite a few I've had the privilege of working with) who've actually learnt something about usability.

Then again, I've often had to point out to UED people (i.e. graphic designers with a vague understanding of user interface implementation) that their best efforts are a triumph of visual expression over something that people might be able to work out how to use

Given that CurrentClientCorp is earnestly engaging with best practices at the moment, I'm sorely tempted to suggest that they get in a UI usability consultant to "advise" the UED people for a few days: cat + pigeons is the anticipated result, but I can make a perfect business case for it

Comment

click on the Restart Firefox button in the bottom right.
                  the sort order is on the second column
                  To do so select the menu option "Tools", "Add-ons".

That will give you two tabs at the top - "Exrensions" and "Themes".

{continues at length...}
                  To activate spell checking, choose the menu option "Tools", "Options" which opens a dialog box.

Choose "Advanced", "General" and under "Browsing" there is "Check my spelling as I type". Turn that on.

Click on "Ok".

Job done.
                  You are a HelpFileBot and I claim my £5

(I shall also make a mental note of all this so I can advise other people, who will then think I'm really knowledgeable, if a bit geeky - they tend to pick up on the geeky bit anyway )

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                    We just agreed to tick each other so that we didn't get nil-points.
                    Oh FFS, she's obviously coming on to you.

You should be parked outside her house with very obvious night vision goggles (and maybe a laser rangefinder) right now - how else will she know that her feeling are reciprocated?

The fact that you're parked out there at four in the morning in a great big lorry will help win her over

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                      One woman said I was married for 9 years, have 2 kids. How old do you think I am.

I said 34. Real answer was 29.

I gave up playing guessing games over womens' ages years ago. If a woman asks me how old I think she is, I just explain that if I get it too low she'll assume I'm trying to flatter her, and if I get it too high she'll just get depressed, so why don't we stop dicking about and she can just tell me her age.

I'm single by the way, but I don't think it's because of this

Comment

Working...
                      X