• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening denizens

Spent most of today in Sprint planning

We rounded off this morning by discussing the large and complex component of the system that I'm currently building. There seemed like an awful lot of it, so I figured that was me sorted for the next two weeks

This afternoon I discovered to my horror that only slightly less than half of my planned hours had in fact been taken up by that stuff, leading to me being given another large and complex component (which is also dreadfully underspecified) to add to my list

Anybody would think these people expected something for their money, the way they make me do stuff

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
      i should know about extension tomorrow or next week, as soon as that i sorted then i'll put my house for BTL and i will be down for at least the length of extension

decided on area of LOndon yet?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Evening denizens

Spent most of today in Sprint planning

We rounded off this morning by discussing the large and complex component of the system that I'm currently building. There seemed like an awful lot of it, so I figured that was me sorted for the next two weeks

This afternoon I discovered to my horror that only slightly less than half of my planned hours had in fact been taken up by that stuff, leading to me being given another large and complex component (which is also dreadfully underspecified) to add to my list

Anybody would think these people expected something for their money, the way they make me do stuff
        hi Nick

sprint planning? where are you sprinting to? <awaits groan>

anyway - you wont be getting bored! and no chance of being benched...

Comment

I found out last night that the thieving git who stole my camera the other week was caught on CCTV stealing somebody's laptop in the same pub a few days later

All the staff now know what he looks like and are on the alert for him - luckily the pub is over the road from a police station, so there's a vague chance they might even deign to pop in if he turns up

Of course, my camera and that bloke's laptop will have long gone to provide money for drink and/or drugs

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

decided on area of LOndon yet?
            i am gonna be with my Flat Mate in Woolwich, then he is moving to Blackheath and he said that there is a room available

i don't think i'll buy down here due to certain financial problems
            Married

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I found out last night that the thieving git who stole my camera the other week was caught on CCTV stealing somebody's laptop in the same pub a few days later

All the staff now know what he looks like and are on the alert for him - luckily the pub is over the road from a police station, so there's a vague chance they might even deign to pop in if he turns up

Of course, my camera and that bloke's laptop will have long gone to provide money for drink and/or drugs
              if they get him, post his address up here...

Comment

I have to watch location, location, location.

later

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  hi Nick

sprint planning? where are you sprinting to? <awaits groan>

anyway - you wont be getting bored! and no chance of being benched...
                  Indeed... there should be enough here to keep me busy for a while yet, barring any unwanted buy-outs...

I reckon I'll take a month off in the summer or early autumn though - I'm about ready for a rest as it is

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                    Yeah!

Rate rises all round! Just got a new contract. Current one finishes on the 4th April but I was offered an extension.

Ditched it to go elsewhere

+25% Rate Rise
                    Only 10 miles from Home instead of 100
                    I get back the 4 Hours Commuting a day I used to do.

Crunch...what Credit crunch?
                    I got my extension agreed just working on the rate increase, I'm fairly optimistic I'll get something

Comment

just downloading the vista SP1 - 29% complete

Comment

Working...
                      X