• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Morning

Morning
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
      Audi estate - 2 trips, dryer and cooker went together. And yes it is lower than a truck.
      If you had taken that lot to a scrap dealer you would have got about £12 for it as mixed light scrap.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Swimming difficult as in straight position. I am better in seated position. Maybe I should do some rowing?
        Lay flat on the floor with your feet/ankles on the seat of your sofa and lift your body until just your shoulders are on the floor. do it daily until you can get up to ten a day. Works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Morning

Morning FaQ

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            No back pain is minuscule, Next to toothache it has to be the most annoying and uncomfortable pain in creation.
            Luckily, mine only plays up when I don't exercise it enough or over exercise it.
            It's a fine line.
            When I first collapsed with it, the hospital gave me a corset/lumbar support to wear, worst thing in the world, your back gets weaker and weaker.
            I still like corsets or a nice Basque mind
            My thoughts exactly(except the Basque). I also get occasional tooth pain - sometime I must contribute to the dentistry thread. I have a crowned tooth which is cracked - still hurts despit root canal work!

But it does mean I can ignore other pains - my knee almost does not worry me despite a limp. And last night I hit my temple on a fence - a bit of claret. But the pain seems inconsequential.

Comment

I still like corsets or a nice Basque mind
              Me too.

Kind of like this one, this one or these ones (NSFW)
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Lay flat on the floor with your feet/ankles on the seat of your sofa and lift your body until just your shoulders are on the floor. do it daily until you can get up to ten a day. Works wonders.
                Basically spine curls then. Thing is if I do a short pilates work out it is worse than doing none! I asked teacher last night - said body needs opposite stretches. I need to devote 30 minutes on a Wed and Fri to exercise.

If I could get to the stage I can jog it would be great...

Comment

Just told my team teader not to expect me in this week, while my back recovers.

I'd actually like to be at work today - BIG important meeting that I've been arguing we need to have for ages, and I'm at home
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    My thoughts exactly(except the Basque). I also get occasional tooth pain - sometime I must contribute to the dentistry thread. I have a crowned tooth which is cracked - still hurts despit root canal work!

But it does mean I can ignore other pains - my knee almost does not worry me despite a limp. And last night I hit my temple on a fence - a bit of claret. But the pain seems inconsequential.
                    So! you got p!ssed on claret and fell over the fence eh?

Comment

Mind you, Sitting in these bloody office chairs all day has got to be the worst thing in the world for back pain.
                      One should get up every 30 minutes or so. but that means I cannot post every 30 seconds...

Comment

Working...
                      X