• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I have W H Audens 1945 edition kicking about somewhere. It's a bit Rat eared and has a Library stamp and cardholder glued inside it.
    Just had a quick look through the boxes of books behind me, but there are too many.
    I bought it from a Library disposal sale along with a load of mechanical engineering and carpentry books
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      tsk!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        personally I try to keep at 50% - not sure why BI's stats give more weight to a higher drivel percent. IMO tpders should try to post around cuk as well - we can't just stay in ivory towers...
        Two tables.

One is pure "who posted most to TPD".

The drivel% table was in response to those people who criticise TPDers who do not post much elsewhere. There was lots of bitterness from people in General who get hung up about post counts rather than seeing them as personal matters. They particularly targeted people who drivel lots but do not 'contribute' elsewhere.

I knocked up a spreadsheet and was amazed to discover who the worst offender was.

But then, given that 'contribute elsewhere' consists mostly of "No. Next." and "Find out for yourself, newbie", a low drivel% isn't necessarily a sign of grown up behaviour either.

Based on non-TPD posts, I am ranked at least 160th. Above unknowns such as:
        Nixon Williams
        Captain Jack
        Wilmslow
        RandyW
        Bumfluff
        Darren@UptonAccountants
        ferret
        simonsjdaccountancy
        Nicky G
        Peoplesoft bloke
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Found it.
          It also has a coffee ring on the cover and water staining through the page edges. Not exactly a collectors item then

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I'm glad somebody noticed!

You came under "<snip more entries>", not "<snip unimportant entries from a couple of nobodies>"
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              Two tables.

One is pure "who posted most to TPD".

The drivel% table was in response to those people who criticise TPDers who do not post much elsewhere. There was lots of bitterness from people in General who get hung up about post counts rather than seeing them as personal matters. They particularly targeted people who drivel lots but do not 'contribute' elsewhere.

I knocked up a spreadsheet and was amazed to discover who the worst offender was.

But then, given that 'contribute elsewhere' consists mostly of "No. Next." and "Find out for yourself, newbie", a low drivel% isn't necessarily a sign of grown up behaviour either.

Based on non-TPD posts, I am ranked at least 160th. Above unknowns such as:
              Nixon Williams
              Captain Jack
              Wilmslow
              RandyW
              Bumfluff
              Darren@UptonAccountants
              ferret
              simonsjdaccountancy
              Nicky G
              Peoplesoft bloke
              Does it begin with S or A?

Comment

Has that funny 93339 pali gone yet?

A Trinity of Trinities, a Trinity of Trinities, and a Trinity of Trinities.

What's a Trinity of Trinities of Trinities called? It has a name.

Comment

I'm glad somebody noticed!

You came under "<snip more entries>", not "<snip unimportant entries from a couple of nobodies>"
                  I know - I was just looking for an excuse to stamp my feet and wave my arms about whilst shouting

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Does it begin with S or A?
                    No.

Comment

Has that funny 93339 pali gone yet?

A Trinity of Trinities, a Trinity of Trinities, and a Trinity of Trinities.

What's a Trinity of Trinities of Trinities called? It has a name.
                      haven't a clue

Comment

Working...
                      X